ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Burpspeed Version 2: Race Car Build

RACE COSTS
Race Fees£350.00
Fuel£80.00
Tyres£180.00
Transport costs£100.00
Repairs£250.00
Total£610.00
SEASONAL COSTS
Car Reg£99.00
Club Fees£35.00
ARDs & Medical£300.00
Insurance£300.00
Total£734.00
TRACK DAY COSTS
Track day fee£180.00
Fuel£80.00
Tyres£100.00
Total£360.00

Jay, Tony. Having asked around I have the following costs aligned for each event type? (I have excluded hotel costs when travelling etc - car only.) Can you cast your eye over them and provide any advice?

172 Race Car
Pointless comparing costs to trackdays. Totally different activity. Trackdays are fun, racing is fun. May as well compare prices to golf instead.

You dont need ards and licence every year. Thats a one off cost, as is your race kit.

To get licence, about £500
Race kit about £500-£1000

Both one off costs.

Then licence renewal every year of about £60

Thanks for the info.

I am not comparing prices, I am compiling a budget for a year of track days & race days so I need the approximate costs for each.

Many thanks.

Both the above are so true! No matter how many excel documents you do and budgets it still goes over! I have just looked at my bank account for the first time in a week and want to cry :cry:

Clio 172
Or get her to drive, then she asks why can't we have a Diff.... can then show the one under the stairs......Win win....

Nicely done there Pete LOL.

Guys having watched your vid and James's it looks like he had far more fun and was potentially in a whole different race from you two lol.

172 Race Car
Our race was quite lonely really. Tonys first few laps out of the pits were an adventure tho. If you start last your always going to have fun coming through the field

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
Loved the qually slide. Was half expecting it to snap back round and spit you out in the other direction! Reminded me of my 'Day of Oppo' at Bedford last year. A*

182cup & 172 racecar
Loved the qually slide. Was half expecting it to snap back round and spit you out in the other direction! Reminded me of my 'Day of Oppo' at Bedford last year. A*

That's what I was fully aware of, hence the quick steering correction. I thought, noooooo, don't do that.

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
need a new class/series soon anyway, the field is so massive there will be enough for a clio only series soon