ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Burpspeed Version 2: Race Car Build

182cup & 172 racecar
Mini disaster this evening, went to put the charger on the car and heard a funny noise??, couldn't work out what it was (remember the car is covered over), shut the door, heard the noise again, opened door.....ahhhhhhhh, broken glass on the floor.

A frigging golf ball had made it over the fence and hit the passenger side rear window, fooook what now??

"Hello Fred, still got that old shell at work"?

So now tomorrow, on the way to Donington, Freds sorted for a window fitter to be there when we arrive to do a swap.

Good old Fred last minute.com to the rescue. No time to do anything else really, getting perspex in a day, no chance.

Could have happened last week, been around James too long irc.

See you all on Sat.

Clio 172
Good luck for Saturday fellas. Would have liked to be there watching but got alot to do Sunday and no chance of a whole weekend off in September.

M135i and the shed
So, in typical 'me' fashion i've been watching the Tip Tops Donington date creeping towards me on my calendar and made no attempt to buy a ticket. What's the score at Donington on Sunday? Pay on the gate? I take it the paddock is open so I can pop over and say hello?

Damn didn't realise you had to pay £15 to get in.
Starting to wonder about going now - especially considering I couldn't get a media pass and Donington is awful for taking photos :(

WRX
So, in typical 'me' fashion i've been watching the Tip Tops Donington date creeping towards me on my calendar and made no attempt to buy a ticket. What's the score at Donington on Sunday? Pay on the gate? I take it the paddock is open so I can pop over and say hello?

Our boys and girls are tomorrow, not Sunday. Other races are Sunday

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
pm me your number and i will call when i get there, if i am not too late that is.

Why the "" ?

I should have gone today, but I got back in the country this morning, and I'm back out again early tomorrow morning too....so pretty knackered at the moment :(

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
Why the "" ?

I should have gone today, but I got back in the country this morning, and I'm back out again early tomorrow morning too....so pretty knackered at the moment :(

I did a full day on the dyno then drove 150 miles home so I'm the same. Couldn't face driving up there and had to see a customer today anyway.

Tony just text me saying they got 2nd, so possible 1st in class with the Red MG ahead???

Lionel Richie
that's life i'm afraid! I didn't realise how quick it was until i saw it today, a clio with 240-250 beans Vs that would be interesting!

182cup & 172 racecar
approx 5-7sec per lap quicker than anyone, daft really

I told you that they were quick, don't think you really believed me did you, at least you saw it for yourself today.

Was a little hectic out there, and the car had a tendency to want to go backwards into some corners (infact it did a few times), but a bit of clever pitwall strategy around the safety car period, saw me out in clear air for ages.

Shame there was a restart, as Jay got a flyer first time round, 10th to 4th, awsome.

Thanks to Mike and Nick, great job.

172 Race Car
Just got in after spending sometime with James this evening over a congratulatory Big Mac. brilliant day. Really wasnt feeling confident for Donny as its not a circuit we are quick around and of all the tracks we visit its the one ive driven the least by miles. Tony knows it well but ive only driven it once before.

Mini report as im goona be too busy to do Full one over next few days...........

We qualified 10th, car was ok but session broken up by safety car. Need to sepnd a day testing to get the car good around there really. Got a good start as usual and was 4th by old hairpin. Then saw red flag so race was restarted an I had to do it again. Didnt work so well 2nd time around and traded paint with a Civic. Settled in to it but then safety car came out. Most people pitted but Nick/Mike/Tony pulled blinder on the pit strategy. We pitted just as the sadety car came in (followed him in). Tony rejoined about 10th but as the pitstops and laps alll sorted themselves out we were P1 with a 10second lead and pulling away in clear air. Mike Jordan was 8th after stops in Integra but flying, caught everyone and won by 24secs.

eventfull race, I had a bump, a trip through the gravel and a red flag. Tony had 2 spins and someone trying to kock him off in middle of craner

Video should be fun.......................