ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Burpspeed Version 2: Race Car Build

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
Just uploading my vids and doing report now. Great racing tony, really enjoyed our battles this weekend and appreciate the 'help' in quali! Similar results to tony, 1st in class, 2nd overall in first race, 2nd in class 4th overall in 2nd race.
russ
you did great Russ! Impressive car you've built

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
Looked like you and Tony were very even overall, he ran wide/locked up on oil twice in r1 and you had to use the escape on turn 2 twice in r2. That was the decider in each round really. Your diff looks to give you so much pace out of corners!

Keith185

ClioSport Club Member
he4umu5e.jpg

Article in Performance French Car magazine about the Tricolore Trophy (French Trophy) not sure if you've seen this Tony

clio cup
Thats the worst and most informative write up I've ever seen,, £3995 for a car including race fee's for the year!

Not even in the motorsport section as they promised

182cup & 172 racecar
Having not read it, I can't really comment. Still think you would struggle to do it for that.

It was like this weekends race programme, had some pictures of some random saxo's, nothing to do with TA or French Trophy/Tricolore Trophy.

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
No that finished just behind Tony, there was one that suffered a terminal failure in a big cloud of white smoke. Sounded like something exiting the block from the other side of the circuit

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172
Knew i'd seen them before!

As per text Tony congrats!

What happened to Ian though?

Audi A3 TDI 170 B.E.
Ian's car stopped in qualifying did 7 laps, then took 4 hrs to find tooth broke off on fly wheel!

Beaten to it!

182cup & 172 racecar
Ians car actually had a locating dowel missing from the gearbox, so when it was tightened up, it was not perfectly in line.

This was causing a small vibration which eventually shook the clutch to bits, then a small bit of it broke a tooth on the flywheel, this has now been fixed, and is now running as sweet as a nut. (unfortunatly).

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Ians car actually had a locating dowel missing from the gearbox, so when it was tightened up, it was not perfectly in line.

This was causing a small vibration which eventually shook the clutch to bits, then a small bit of it broke a tooth on the flywheel, this has now been fixed, and is now running as sweet as a nut. (unfortunatly).

Its often the little things that dont seem important that turn out to be later on!

At least its sorted.