ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Burpspeed Version 2: Race Car Build

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Yeah I'm only messing about Pete, though if James did offer me a drive I'd definitely have a go. Lol
You might change your mind when you see how expensive it is, James's car costs about a million quid a minute to run, lol.

Hope the racing goes well Tony, will try and pop along to watch at some point :)

182cup & 172 racecar
Sparkplug decided it didn't want to play ball, went to change it and the insert came out with it. We didn't want to damage the insert by trying grips on it, so thought it was best to leave it at that, so dropped the car at Danny's and went home.

Still, a nice day for it, and some faired much worse fate's than me, gearboxes blow, engine fires etc etc. Left it in Dan capable hands to sort ready for race in April.

Shame I didn't really get a feel for the roll centre kit, but it does turn in much sharper, that I do know.

Qualifying will be interesting anyway, not driven it flat out yet lol.

Couple of pics from Sunday.

2014RockinghamTrackday230_zps4bb60ed9.jpg

2014RockinghamTrackday245_zps9de8fccb.jpg

2014RockinghamTrackday07_zpsf745ef5e.jpg

Thanks to those that came, esp Sam and Pete + (pesky kids ;)) Choc brownie was yummy good.

All that effort to put the passenger seat in, and nobody got a ride. Never mind eh.

Last edited:

Russ Rallye

ClioSport Club Member
Fingers crossed it'll be fine Tony, at least it showed its hand on a test day and not race weekend I guess. I assume its been helicoiled (or similar) previously and that's what's came away while removing the plug?
russ

182cup & 172 racecar
Fingers crossed it'll be fine Tony, at least it showed its hand on a test day and not race weekend I guess. I assume its been helicoiled (or similar) previously and that's what's came away while removing the plug?
russ

Yes that's the reason Russ. And that was the upside, not a race day.

Lotus Elise
I've said it before but, that car looks great. Proper well used race car.

I nearly went to Rock but the rugby was too tempting sorry Tony :)

clio cup
That's a proper pain in the back side tony but as others have said, better now than the morning qualifying!
Lets hope for all of us that this season can only get better

182 track, Mk7 ST
Shame about the issue guys but like you've said, it's so much better for it to happen on a day like that rather than a race weekend although still not ideal!

New engine spec and figures sound great!