ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Burpspeed Version 2: Race Car Build

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Literally.

Only get about 1/2hr sleep at a time, as every time I move, I wake up in pain.
:( Not good at all. Is it worth a trip to your friendly, local osteopath? They did wonders with my back and I haven't had a single problem in 15 years now. Mind you, I guess it depends on the root cause as to whether or not manipulation would help. Either way, take it easy and don't be in too much of a rush to get back on it.

Clio 182 Race Car
Sorry to hear about your bad back Tony, only found out yesterday or I would have been round to give it a special rub!

182cup & 172 racecar
Nearly excited now, just ordered gearbox oil :eek: 6ltr Fuchs Titan race 5 £80.

Just need to extend rad bracket for slightly larger rad and get my set of hoses, oh and wait for Dan to finish the engine.

But alls looking good for this weekend, I even put the battery on charge.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Big push for snett now, spent a day clay shooting yesterday, only shoulder hurts not back.
So a good sign.

Which part of the doctors report asked you to fire shotguns you silly old c**t??

*in my mums voice*

''If you make yourself bad again, don't complain to me...''

182cup & 172 racecar
Collected a few more bits today

Crank sensor and loom, a last min call to JayBee Motors in Banbury, and young Dan came up trumps. Thanks Dan.

Clutch

Hose set from Ben (Llewellyn) In Slough.

Gearbox oil arrived.

So getting close.

You got the Renault bolts for the crank sensor? Fairly specific as the shank is bigger than the thread to set the sensor at the correct height from the flywheel? Didn't think about it earlier

182cup & 172 racecar
Yes James, Martin from agency gave me some.

Brilliant service from jaybee as always Dan.

I have the engine!!! Picked it up from dan this morning, just got find some box to engine bolts now lol, all the old ones are bent or broken.
Jamie is going to bring some over from down south about lunch time, but could with them sooner, got to look through the bolt box and see what fits, even 3 would do just to get it runing.

I can't wait, I'm so excited I could wee.
Lets see how we get on tomorrow. X

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172
I have a full set.. although its my only set so a swap out would be ideal :)

Will bring them anyway!

182cup & 172 racecar
Thanks for bringing them Jamie, typical I found our old nut's and bolts box. Good to see you and the good lady, did you get jelly and icecream?

The car runs, hooray!!, had a few running issues, as itb's had gone out of tune, only firing on 3, so after a lot of head scratching and swearing, changing coil pack and leads and flame throwing!

Now the throttle cable adjuster has decided to break ffs, I will get to Snett one way or another.

Got to take it to Dans for a little fine tuning to get it really sorted, just little bits to do now.