ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

BurpSpeed Llandow Track Day - August 2014

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
A big thanks to Jay and Tony for organising another highly successful and enjoyable track day at Llandow. :star:

I'll add a selection of photos from the event here as I work through them. To those who were on track and are looking to receive photos from me, please be patient and (as mentioned in the main event thread) I'll get them to you as soon as I can.

To start the ball rolling, here are a few random pics just to prove that we DID actually have a dry day with sunshine. In Wales! I know, I couldn't believe it either... :p

20140820_burpllandow01.jpg

20140820_burpllandow02.jpg

20140820_burpllandow03.jpg

20140820_burpllandow04.jpg

20140820_burpllandow05.jpg

20140820_burpllandow06.jpg

Exclusive one-off design...
20140820_burpllandow07.jpg

20140820_burpllandow08.jpg

Track action shots on the way soon...

Paul.M

ClioSport Club Member
Brilliant pictures.

Looks like a really good day, I would have liked to make it to this one but work commitments meant it was a no go.

Cracking day!
Cant post in the track day thread as im not a paid member. But was Definatly one of the best track days I have done. Awsome atmosphere right from the briefing to the end of the day.
Thanks jay for organising and andy cracking photos as usual!

Check the roll on my civic haha emergency standard suspension and ebaich springs did suprisingly well. Should be back on its coilovers by next week as they came back in the post last night :)

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Awesome pics as always Andy!

Love the ones of the RX8 :)
Cheers, Russ - always good to catch up with you and to see the RX8 having fun around Llandow. It was smokin'... ;) LOL!

Great pictures Andy!

I am amazed you got a couple of mine on track  thanks a million!
Thanks George. Sorry they aren't the best quality but I hadn't got my eye in properly at that early stage! It's been a while since I'd picked up the camera. :)

Hello Mum
;) Knowsit sir.

Brilliant pictures.

Looks like a really good day, I would have liked to make it to this one but work commitments meant it was a no go.
Thanks Paul. Hopefully there will be future opportunities as these days are, thinking about it, probably the track day calendar highlight each year (for me). A small and enjoyable circuit that is made all the more fun by the people that organise it and the people that attend. I can pretty much guarantee you won't find a friendlier and more relaxed track day; especially good for newcomers to the track. Nobody gets left out and everyone is very much made to feel welcome. :)

Great pics and up to your usual standard. Loving the pics of mine. Thanks
My pleasure Pete. The FN2 looked as good as it sounded, even with a bit of a lopsidedness to it ;) It goes so well!

Did you get a telling off for that I forgot to ask you.
Hahaha! That's the only one I managed to get as the others I took of the sign were on the memory card that failed!

Very nice indeed. :).
Thanks mate :)

Great pics, still l can't get over that it stayed dry sunny and warm all day.

You didn't happen to catch an orange Fiesta in your sights did you?
Don't worry Mark, the rains returned the very next day... From memory I think I only got one photo of the Fiesta :( The others were on the failed memory card :( To make matters worse, the photo isn't very sharp at all. I'll dig it out and see what I can do with it. Sorry sir!

Cracking photos @SharkyUK
any more pics of the ghetto track rat?
Cheers Filters :) I have a few more of Le Rat and will e-mail them / send them out over the coming days (to people who want hi-res pics).

Cracking day!
Cant post in the track day thread as im not a paid member. But was Definatly one of the best track days I have done. Awsome atmosphere right from the briefing to the end of the day.

Check the roll on my civic haha emergency standard suspension and ebaich springs did suprisingly well. Should be back on its coilovers by next week as they came back in the post last night :)
Cheers Gavin - it was good to meet you and have a bit of a chat. Loving your 'charged EP3; it sounded awesome and built up it's pace so effortlessly. The standard suspension coped well I thought! :)

You've been talking to my wife haven't you..
Don't worry, it won't go any further... ;)

Cracking day!

Thanks again for the ride in the civic. Loved it. Made my day. Cheers

Focus st3 & t5.1 day
No pics of the Pooma? Or did it not make it?

The poomar did suprisingly well! drove all the way down, did about 80 laps, and home again, no bothers or problems at all!

massive smile on my face in the passanger seat there ^ Ash driving, im sure he was trying to kill it!!

ill upload some of my pics now, mostly static shots of the paddock, but a few action ones (altho they look stantionary) lol

Cheers SharkyUK

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
massive smile on my face in the passanger seat there ^ Ash driving, im sure he was trying to kill it!!

ill upload some of my pics now, mostly static shots of the paddock, but a few action ones (altho they look stantionary) lol

Cheers @SharkyUK
No problem mate. It looked like you were both having fun if the photos are anything to go by! I'm just gutted the Pooma was redder in colour than my Trophy... LOL!

Get your pics up fella, would be good to see some more :)

Thanks Paul. Hopefully there will be future opportunities as these days are, thinking about it, probably the track day calendar highlight each year (for me). A small and enjoyable circuit that is made all the more fun by the people that organise it and the people that attend. I can pretty much guarantee you won't find a friendlier and more relaxed track day; especially good for newcomers to the track. Nobody gets left out and everyone is very much made to feel welcome. :)

My pleasure Pete. The FN2 looked as good as it sounded, even with a bit of a lopsidedness to it ;) It goes so well!

Hahaha! That's the only one I managed to get as the others I took of the sign were on the memory card that failed!

Thanks mate :)

Don't worry Mark, the rains returned
Cheers Gavin - it was good to meet you and have a bit of a chat. Loving your 'charged EP3; it sounded awesome and built up it's pace so effortlessly. The standard suspension coped well I thought! :)

Yer wasnt bad forgot how nice and neutral it was on that setup. Can Definatly find the limit safely. Turn in is alot better on the other setup but doesnt take so kindly if you over do it haha

Missed the negative camber though. Outer edges of the tyres dont look happy haha.