ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bummer to stunner

1.2 16V Dynamique
I'd usually agree with the lights, but I think that the block colour of the ph1 looks good with the minimal white rear end :)

Are you keeping a black spoiler?

Clio Mk1 Ph1
Hopefully going to get a dynamique spoiler as there quite subtle, as for colour I'm not sure..
Colour coding it work better you think?

1.2 16V Dynamique
Well you can always dry fit the black one, take a photo, and then photoshop it to see? At least then you'll have made sure it lines up properly, then if you want it sprayed all you need to do would be to apply some paint (off the car of course :p )

How are the wheels coming along? By the way, I saw a thread on the forum where someone bought similar seats to you and polished them up with a a resin polish (probably autoglym) and they came out looking like new, although you've probably done that :D

Clio Mk1 Ph1
Ha managed to brush polish one wheel so far it's taking a while to get the original paint off as my shot blasters broke :/ literally had a mental breakdown yesterday and nearly just sprayed them to save the arse :p
other than that there going well, hopefully get some rubber on them soon too, like to get some lower profile tyres but not sure which size as there 14" and I don't want the wheel arches engulfing the wheels...

Clio Mk1 Ph1
Test out a wheel :
5f93d642-d315-71ef.jpg

And grey be gone!
5f93d642-d32b-8387.jpg

TT QS
i really liked the whole project but seeing the pink splitter puts me right off :( im looking foreword to seeing it finished i hope you can pull it off :)

Clio Mk1 Ph1
Haha oh yeh, I know I think the splitters guna create a 50/50 gap and on here I think there'll be more haters than anything.. Well see isn't it :)

1.2 16V Dynamique
Surely if your bombing components then bombing the splitter would be a nice touch? then it would hide the inevitable speed bump incidents...

I assume the rest is the interior dressing?
How did the seats come out? :) wish I could get a move on with mine :(

Clio Mk1 Ph1
Haha I thought stickerbombing the splitter would have gained more haters even though the thought had crossed my mind :/

And yeh got the seats fitted just gotta colour code everything to match the seats when I get around to retrimming them in the black...

1.2 16V Dynamique
Good luck with the retrimming, hopefully it should be pretty easy. You adding any little gadgets or gizmos to the interior?

I look forward to seeing how the colours work together :)

225 powered mk2
looking RUDE! proper fresh mate, wheels look good too, its something different which i like! keep going :)

Clio Mk1 Ph1
Haha well well have a vote when it's done :p
Tbh one of the reasons I painted the splitter pink was to cause a stir... I find cars tend to look the same alot of the time an attempt to look different :p

bg 182 ff
Haha I thought stickerbombing the splitter would have gained more haters even though the thought had crossed my mind :/

personally i like the sticker bombed splitter the scence around my way is alot of ppl have the splitters stikerbombed along with the odd panels on the car aswell. so it really is a marmite thing.

the only downside to slamming it aswell is that with a stickerbomberd splittler when you hit a speedbump it tears it and it looks a mess. for best results i have heard supergling the stickers down and using LOADS of laquer.

love the car so far mate you have done a very good job for your 1st attempt

'Mia' Rover Mini 35
Finally some real work. Such a change from most people just buying bolt on renault parts. Love it. Not keen on the pink lol. But i still love it!

Clio Mk1 Ph1
Nice to see some positive comments, must say its put a smile on my face that my work hasn't been totally in vain :p

Haha the pink definetly isn't getting any love though.. Anyone know of clios with pink(or other coloured)/stickerbomed splitters to give me a comparison because like I said I am seriously considering whipping out the stickers later :p

bg 182 ff
Nice to see some positive comments, must say its put a smile on my face that my work hasn't been totally in vain :p

Haha the pink definetly isn't getting any love though.. Anyone know of clios with pink(or other coloured)/stickerbomed splitters to give me a comparison because like I said I am seriously considering whipping out the stickers later :p

i am a fan of the pink mate. my mate has a 3.2v6 vec with it after getting fed up with the stickers ripping at speedbumps. and the pink gets soo much more attention than the stickers. if its attention you are after stay pink!

Clio Mk1 Ph1
i am a fan of the pink mate. my mate has a 3.2v6 vec with it after getting fed up with the stickers ripping at speedbumps. and the pink gets soo much more attention than the stickers. if its attention you are after stay pink!

Spanner in the works :p
Ok after a day of head scratching I've decided to leave it pink for now as I have a lot still to do and well see how it fairs with the masses...
Got a mammoth job tonight, tidying the crap that's accumulated inside the car before stripping it all out properly for a tart up :)

Clio Mk1 Ph1
Oh and has anyone thought of covering a bombed splitter with clear epoxy resin?
It would still scuff but a careful build up of layers would stop stickers tearing...

bg 182 ff
Oh and has anyone thought of covering a bombed splitter with clear epoxy resin?
It would still scuff but a careful build up of layers would stop stickers tearing...

my mate used a layer of that after stickerbombing the interior of the car. after a month they faded bad due to the sunlight and he has been slowly removing them since. he did the sticker bombing in november LOL

Clio Mk1 Ph1
my mate used a layer of that after stickerbombing the interior of the car. after a month they faded bad due to the sunlight and he has been slowly removing them since. he did the sticker bombing in november LOL

Bummer :/
Got a family friend who owns a 800bhp gunmetal grey skyline as a show car... He's always keen to point out that my stickers will fade over time... Think he's missing the point :p

bg 182 ff
Bummer :/
Got a family friend who owns a 800bhp gunmetal grey skyline as a show car... He's always keen to point out that my stickers will fade over time... Think he's missing the point :p

yeah mate, he left them litrally 1 month maybe a month and a half and the sunlight more or less took all the colour out of them leaving the dash looking white. not sure how much they will fade on the splitter

Clio Mk1 Ph1
Just cleaned all my door and boot rubbers and put them back in... Decided this horrible task should be noobie modifiers initiation test, mixing them up makes it even more fun :/

Clio Mk1 Ph1
As I see it screw on chrome effect exhaust tip, stock suspension dodgy rims and side skirts & plastic bags covering what I assume are ridiculously overpriced bucket seats for a clio:

52848a9d-632d-5fa8.jpg

PLEASE tell me I'm doing a better job than this!
(if I'm not I'd prefer not to know :p )

Clio Mk1 Ph1
Should spend more time browsing the forums and less time reading back issues if max power methinks :p

Clio Mk1 Ph1
Yep that was them, keen eye to see them in an iPhone pic :p
Sad to say that's the standard of modified clio in my area.. Another one is a red 8v on 16" alloys, poor car looks like a baby monster truck!
He's one of the reasons I wanna get mine on the road, passing him twice everyday on my way to work should put a smile on my face :p

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Williams wheels are very distinguished (right word?) you can tell them from a mile off :)

Going by that gold Clio pic, the standard where you're from is much better than in Sunderland lol; tints, black wheels, two exhausts, mobster truck stance, McDonald's carpark (not any more actually it's been demolished lol)

Clio Mk1 Ph1
Ahhhh maccies car park... Ours is ruled by a twotone (orange an black) Audi A4, with a seriously dodgy looking driver :p

I'm glad to report there are at least 3 sports about pulling it back for team Clio! a 172 and two 182's untouched and all driven by middle aged women :p

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Lol the one I was on about was a huge retail park so you had all sorts from 1.0 corsas to evos, imprezas, 2 liquid yellow r26's, xr2s etc... Then the chav trash haha. Strangely there was only ever one 182 (jonws)

There's a few bastardised 1*2s in Sunderland too ha