ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Budget Saxo VTR Track Car Progress Thread

saxo vtr
hi mate

do you still own this car? i have bought a vtr recently to race. im from runcorn and intend to race next year. u racing yet and what series? think im goin in track day trophy and tin tops. anyway could do with a chat for advice when u free, joined this forum coz i come across your post on google

cheers neil

Fabia VRS Special Ed
Hi guys, sorry I've not been around for a while with any updates.

The car's sat in the garage a bit unloved for a couple of months because I've been so busy with my business. I've not got too much left to do on it though, just need a roll cage, track tyres and a few other little bits.

The plan is to get a couple of smaller bits done first before getting the cage:

I'm relocating the battery to the boot, just need to order 6 meters of battery cable.
I've made a prototype of a bracket to house the stock dials above the steering column which I'm going to get professionally cut.
I'm going to make a prototype of the switch panel I have planned to sit infront of the gear stick so that I don't have to move to operate anything.

Apart from that, it's just a case of odds and sods, tidying up etc and we should be ready for track.

Fabia VRS Special Ed
Last night, I picked up the new track car.

It's silver (colour I wanted), but more importantly it came with a full Sparco cage and brand new Yokohama A048s.

I'll be transferring a few bits over from the Green Goddess and hopefully be on track as soon as possible!

qyqy5avu.jpg

4ypadeda.jpg

4e4a7e9u.jpg

Fabia VRS Special Ed
looks like it had potential! not going to 16v it?

i used to have a VTS, absolutely insane!

It's a possibility mate, I'm going to leave the engine as is for the time being and see how I'm doing for time etc. If I get many track days in I'll almost certainly do it.