ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Budget Clio

chumpmobile
well this is my car
it is a PROJECT, so please nobody say "urr it needs painting", i will don't worry.

on a very tight budget, only spent around 200 on the car, got the car for free!

so far:
debadged boot = £0
smoothed bonnet = £0
Coilovers = £186
induction kit = £20
Smoothed bumpers = 0

i repeat i will be painting it asap!

IMG_0601.jpg

IMG_0602.jpg

IMG_0606.jpg

IMG_0607.jpg

IMG_0611.jpg

IMG_0614.jpg

191605_10150155581996558_718281557_8544341_4824899_o.jpg

190849_10150155582616558_718281557_8544344_1974326_o.jpg

the yellow on it is primer, will be going back silver!

plans:
spacers
painting
Dual Optics
and maybe some ph2 rear lights

Comments and criticism please!

FIN

Free car, can't complain lol. I'd get that side strip sorted out aswell while your doing the body work, don't know about spacers on steels either how about some alloys (sports or ph2's) Ph2 rear lights will make it look a bit more up to date.

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
what about the cost of filler/sand paper/primer??

looks good but the boots look 10X better if you smooth the handle off too!!
and maybe even the doors ;)

chumpmobile
looks good so far, i think it would look good euro, borbet t's??
yeah man maybs, wanna get some really crazy deep dish wheels! borbet a's are so nice :eek:

yeah well i didnt include filler and ting :rasp:

maybs man, costs bare to repaint the doors, and then i may as welll just the whole car done = cant afford it!
gonna smooth the door strips and paint the handles fo sho

chumpmobile

oh and yeah i was toying with the idea of smoothing the boot handle off too, but i have no idea how a solenoid works etc...

Stu.

ClioSport Club Member
  lots of clios.
smooth fogs into the bumper for sure! i did but i never got round to getting it painted so it never went on lol! and the solenoid in the boot is easy mate. I wired mine upto a switch the hour before i left for FCS last year after i got my delocked/debadged boot on! this has potential to be pretty cool ;)

chumpmobile
smooth fogs into the bumper for sure! i did but i never got round to getting it painted so it never went on lol! and the solenoid in the boot is easy mate. I wired mine upto a switch the hour before i left for FCS last year after i got my delocked/debadged boot on! this has potential to be pretty cool ;)

im undecided on the fogs :dapprove:

where did you have your switch?

i have de wipered it so it would be easy to use the rear wiper switch on the stalk but may not be the most practical thing.

cheers dude x

Stu.

ClioSport Club Member
  lots of clios.
have a look through my low pikey build thread i think i had pics of it somewhere. and was a small switch next to the ash tray, wiring it into the rear wiper switch would probbaly be a ball ache if you dont know much about how the wiring works lol but defo worth de-locking it a it looks so much better :)

chumpmobile
have a look through my low pikey build thread i think i had pics of it somewhere. and was a small switch next to the ash tray, wiring it into the rear wiper switch would probbaly be a ball ache if you dont know much about how the wiring works lol but defo worth de-locking it a it looks so much better :)

couldn't see anything about the popper man

but you car looks lush!
did you get the lines in the bumpers filled?

mk2 ph1 1.4 S
Do what stu had for winter with the steelies random colours :rasp:

Im with stu though smooth fogs into the bumper would be sweet

chumpmobile
Started smoothing the fogs, just fillerd the seams for the moment.
6bc2e1e2.jpg

Might do the numberplate recess as well? Thoughts?

As always comments and criticism welcomed :cool:

chumpmobile
might do this to the bumper :
dsc01052an.jpg

ie lose the bottom grill bit and just have a big square?
opinions?

Last edited:
  PH1 172
yeah do it!.. personally i wouldnt fill the number plate recess, theres a very fine line between having a nicely smoothed car to OTT!,

M135i
^^^ looks good with 1 big grille at the bottom. I like.

I have some Ph2 rear lights for sale if your interested mate ? I know alot of Ph1 owners upgrade to the Ph2 rear lights.

£30 posted

Fabia VRS
That picture you put is spot on

Personally having the number plate recess filled in makes it look s**t

Other than that, keep it going!

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
No need to use mesh, just butcher a lower grille from a mk2 ph2 sport.

Without it you'll have issues with stones etc I'd imagine.

I really like it though, do it.

2000 clio grande 1.2
It looks like there is mesh there I'm really wanting to do this to my wee clio. how do you go about smoothing out the black bit on the bumper just prime it with plastic primer then fill and sand or do you just slap the filler straight on? i hate the black bumper strips on my car like, it really lets the car down.

Kris

Stu.

ClioSport Club Member
  lots of clios.
Put a 182 lower grill in. You need to shorten the hold though! I did it to mine, ill stick a pick up when im in of it :)

chumpmobile
back is done. needs painting proper though. havent got any money! :(

front is nearly done just needs a bit more doing to the bumper

and the coilovers are off as its time to learn to drive! :cool:

photo-1.jpg
[/IMG]

That bottom grill looks really good... As above, in that pic it looks like they have a fine black mesh on my computer screen