ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bucket seats in track car but service light is on !

172 cup trackday
Taken the OE seats out of the car and fitted some bucket seats, now the dash lights up like a christmas tree lol,
had this before on another car and resistors sorted it, I presume this is the same ?? any guides to doing this, which wires in which plugs and resistor size please car is 172 cup.

172 cup trackday
Got the resistors this morning and went to have a crack at it using the guide, however, my car had 182 seats in it when I bought it and the plugs have been cut off and crimps used, along with that I do not seem to have the pink or cream wires mentioned, but black brown orange. anybody know if the cups had different wiring (wouldnt think so ) or could shine some light on this for me ?

172 cup trackday
Just noticed the resistors I have are 3.3k, is this too high a value ? it says 3.3 ohm in guide which is noy 3300 doh

172 cup trackday
Still no good, tried all combinations but so far I have identified the occupancy sensor wires and that's it, anybody help ?
I have the SERV and airbag light on and the bottom right engine light which I presume comes on with the fault ?
Just uploading pictures of the wires in my car

Clio 172 Cup
Aine some light on this for me ? been trying all combinations but nothing happens

I may be able to help you but im never free of late where are you based ?

could try and find someone with the connectors still attached and chase back the cables.

172 cup trackday
in bedford buddy, cheers, really need it sorting ready for mot and track day ! a pin out would help for the ecu ! so then i could trace

172 cup trackday
Spoke to Mick yesterday, he was pretty busy and couldn't help too much over the phone, however appreciated the time he took to talk..
Hopefully he'll be able to take a squint at the pictures to help, if not I'm still a bit stuffed.

Johnpacey1

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Basically he can reprogram the car to think it hasn't got any airbags but you need to take the car to him. From my experience resistors don't work.

172 cup trackday
Yeah there lays the issue, car has no mot at the moment and lights need to be off in order to get one............doh !
unless I couid take the car to him for mot, get lights sorted too.........hmm there's a thought.

172 cup trackday
Getting windscreen replaced on Monday so I could get it to Mick for an Mot and dash lights looked at, Will ring Mick later to see if thats ok with him