ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bucket Seats in Mk3 Clio

I am interested in fitting some bucket seats to my MK3 clio and was wondering if anybody has done it or knows how easy it is to do it.

Thanks

:)

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8

there is no mk 3 clio, there is a mrk 2 phase 1 and a mrk 2 phase 2.

and if u buy a seat u will need subframes for them to bolt on to your runners...

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8

in theory its a mrk 2 phase 2, as its pretty much exactly the same car, sept for the headlights really, that is why the new clio which is comi9ng out like next year or summit is called the mrk 3 !

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Dont be John.. cause he is wrong.. sorta..

Not about the mk2/3 thing but about them being the same car. The mk2 phase 2 has over 50% new or changed parts to the mk1.

;) :D

lol thanks for the mk3/2 debate :p

whats the problem with the air bags and how easy is it to remove the current seats and fit the sub frames?

Theres nothing wrong with the current seats, it will be tons of hassle, and then when you want to sell the car youll have to reverse it. Tell youre insurers first..they wont like it.

-Rob

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

hehe, np.

If you plan to remove the seats from the car and they have airbags, disconnect the battery and wait at least 30 minutes to provent accidental deployment of an airbag.

That said its actually quite easy to remove the seats, there are 4 bolts on the underneath of the car, with rubber dust covers over them, take the covers off and undo the bolts with a size 13 socket wrench.

There are wires running to the underneath of the seats that you must unplug to remove the seat fully from the car. If you have a cd-changer under the passenger seat, that may need to go depending on how low your bucket seats are.

Ps. Rob s right about the insurance, I dont think they like you taking out airbags and he is right about the resale value.

Surely It cant be as easy as disconnecting the battery for 30 mins to stop the airbags deploying?!

I believe roamer has removed seats succesfully+deploying airbags I think he said he used a resistor for airbags.

Yea cant be to hard but ICE shops are less helpfull and they should know.