ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bucket Seat Mounting- help!

I need a bit of help/advice- I've stripped down the interior of my 182 at the weekend with a view to getting my seat fitted. I have a Sparco Sprint seat with side mounts and I want to retain the runners so the seat position is still adjustable. What do I need in order to acheive this? Can I use the existing Clio runners if I buy a Sparco subframe or do I need specific runners to fit to this too?

Any help is much appreciated!

Some kind of subframe. OMP from YB racing is cheap. Then get a universal runner from ebay. Something like this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Sports-an...548684?hash=item48755b14cc:g:JcQAAOSw7ThUhEcw

You then bolt the runner to the subframe, sidemounts to the runner and the sidemounts to the seat.
Thanks for the info. Does it not matter which brand of subframe is used? I was under the impression the subframe and seat had to be the same brand to ensure a proper fit :confounded:

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
Thanks for the info. Does it not matter which brand of subframe is used? I was under the impression the subframe and seat had to be the same brand to ensure a proper fit :confounded:
Nope. I actually have a sparco sprint V with omp subframe, a runner and universal ebay sidemounts! It's usually cross-compatible unless it specifically says otherwise. Base mount and sidemounts are a standard size so mix and match as you please.

JON FOZ

ClioSport Club Member
  EVO 6
I can supply my VBD Clio X-Low subframes to mount bucket seats on.

As said above,subframe bolts to floor,universal runner kit with sidemounts bolted to it.

Check out the Group Buy section in parts for sale for info on my subframes.

Jon

I can supply my VBD Clio X-Low subframes to mount bucket seats on.

As said above,subframe bolts to floor,universal runner kit with sidemounts bolted to it.

Check out the Group Buy section in parts for sale for info on my subframes.

Jon
Thanks @JON FOZ but I'm not really after x-low subframes- I'm short enough as it is! Being able to see over the steering wheel is a top priority!