ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

BTM's Beast.

TrackCar & F30 330d
I saw this car on Friday and it is the t*ts.

It's a shame your bonnet has the areocatches cut where they are because you may struggle to get a decent filter on with a proper backing plate.

Still, it sounded quiality when you drove off :)

TrackCar & F30 330d
Oh and we did really want to go for a spin but we were running out of time, deffo want a spin when the engine has its new head and springs etc :)

lift number 1 @ btm
No worries Chris, I'm sure there'll be another chance to get out in it. Nice to meet you both too.

With the catches, Fred's going to make a bracket to fit, just need to get the plate and filter from Matt first. He did tell me what it is, but I've no idea now.
To be honest, I'll probably end up looking for an airbox to keep the noise down

TrackCar & F30 330d
No worries Chris, I'm sure there'll be another chance to get out in it. Nice to meet you both too.

With the catches, Fred's going to make a bracket to fit, just need to get the plate and filter from Matt first. He did tell me what it is, but I've no idea now.
To be honest, I'll probably end up looking for an airbox to keep the noise down

You want a 60mm dished backing plate from Reverie and a Pipercross C-604D filter so you can put 120mm trumpets on in the furture :)

Tbh one you have a filter on and your bonnet on then it wont sound so Scary ;)

no, its a good thing, they look 1million times better than how everyone else does them ;)

Yeah they are in a nice flat place but could comprimise the filter choise if he wants 120mm trumpets.

Megane 225 F1
LOVE IT!

What was the "special part" that you were getting built by the RARB guy that you hinted at ;)

BMW Z4
Great car Doug and was really good to meet you. As Chris says be nice to get a go in this when im not so pushed for time.

182 trackday racer
The plan is for a trackday car rather than a full blown race car, so it's still got things like electric windows and mirrors. The controls have been moved here as there's nowhere to put them on the doorcards.

5892151356_dd8d066781_z.jpg

Nice car!

Wonder how you made the solution above? Did you cut the cables inside the car before the connection into the door or did you cut the wires in the door and pull them back inside again. Hope you understand what I meen.

Very nice. I don't often post comments on people's car threads here but that's a purposeful car, hardly anything done that doesn't make it faster. fair play.

lift number 1 @ btm
LOVE IT!

What was the "special part" that you were getting built by the RARB guy that you hinted at ;)

That's sat in my dad's garage at the moment, had to save somethin for updates..

Very tidy dude! Understated but clearly pretty damn rapid... Nice work.

Thanks mate, that's the plan at least!

Perfect, track **** yet still practical. I love it

Cheers, I'm not sure you can call it practical mind, but I know what you mean ;)

Great job, looks the part and no doubt goes very well.

I can't take the credit unfortunately, but it definitely does go!

Great car Doug and was really good to meet you. As Chris says be nice to get a go in this when im not so pushed for time.

Same here, have to get a trackday planned once yours is done.

Nice car!

Wonder how you made the solution above? Did you cut the cables inside the car before the connection into the door or did you cut the wires in the door and pull them back inside again. Hope you understand what I meen.

I didn't actually come up with the idea, but the cables still have the renault connectors on the end, so they must have been pulled through and fed under the dash.

Very nice. I don't often post comments on people's car threads here but that's a purposeful car, hardly anything done that doesn't make it faster. fair play.

Thanks a lot, the intention is that it isn't a complete pain in the arse to drive to and from tracks. I'm hoping to get it to the 'ring at some point this year, which may well change my mind about how useable it is on the road...