ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

BT Broadband capping bandwidth?

Snatch with DIY mods.
My homehub clicks off and restarts at around 6pm every night. then runs at about half a meg until around 11.30pm then it restarts and runs at upto 5 meg. which is what i pay for. anybody else have this problem? if so have you done anything about it. bearing in mind the bt call centre is in delhi or where ever it is. it's impossible to get any answers to technical qeustions or complaints. im thinking of outing bt and signing up to virgin. im in a non cabled area though so it still has to go through my bt line!!!:evil:

i havent got a home hub but have got btbroadband but yes i think i'm being capped do you use a lot of bandwith? because i've read on a few forums bt are capping high end users during peak periods for the benefit of other customers

Snatch with DIY mods.
i havent got a home hub but have got btbroadband but yes i think i'm being capped do you use a lot of bandwith? because i've read on a few forums bt are capping high end users during peak periods for the benefit of other customers

Yeah thatll be it then. Bit torrents! i will go to ukonline when my contract is up in a month. they go upto 20meg in my area. f**k BT.

When the HomeHub switches off i think its because it updates around 6pm or something.

I think im being capped sometimes, even though im unlimited. Not much i can do though apart from change and thats too much hassle.

dk

911 GTS Cab
the hub doesn't go off or anything, you might lose connection to the internet for a second or so while they change your profile but it seems that they reduce it to 1mb between 6 and 6:30 i think and then 6:30-11:30 its capped at 1/2 meg.

They've been doing it for about a year now, you mention virgin but they do the same for heavy users.

Its not an issue as long as you aren't downloading stuff, i just keep my downloads for overnight or while i'm at work.