ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

BT Wireless Broadband

This is really getting on my tits now.

We have the BT Broadband connection that allows a 'potential' 5mb connection - of course, i have NEVER seen the bandwidth reach this level.

Since having it, the connection can run very fast or very very slowly as and when it pleases. Sometimes im downloading at 25kbps and other times it 350kbps.

Recently we bought a wireless router and the kit that comes with it - installed and all was fine.

HOWEVER, every Friday night at around the same time, the connection completely dies, for the best part of the weekend, eventually coming back on Sunday at some point. This is every single weekend. During the week, the conneciton will be completely unpredictable, one day being quick, the other just running like a snail.

Surely, 30quid a month should get you a stable connection with a good speed and not a bandwidth mess and complete non funcionality at the weekend.

I havent phoned BT becuase i know it will be an utter waste of time - can anyone elighten me on this matter please?

Is it perhaps my PC?

thanks

nope - BT voyager equipment - i have a BT USB wireless receiver plugged into my pc to receive the singnal -

I bought Belkin once before.....................never again.

TeZ

Non RS : (
I had this before prob them fixing broken line thats all nothign to do with your set up

well ive heard that its quite a common problem for a lot of people so............

Setup:
One PC downstairs.
Wirelss Router Attched to phoneline next to the above PC.
Wireless router connected to the above pc via ethernet.
My computer upstairs in my room with 1X USB Wireless receiver (small stick plugged into the back of my pc)
1X Laptop upsatirs used in the same manner by my little brother.

thats the lot.

Anyone EVER had a problem like this ACTUALLY fixed by BT? - there aint no way on gods greeen earth that im speaking with 'Achmed' in India.......

Tesla MP3 2021
if it is happening at the same time then it could be traffic measures being put in place

Tesla MP3 2021
just run 1 main PC directly into the modem/router at the time it is happening to see if the issue goes away.

TeZ

would just sit and wait i had to for a few days i was on the phone to them but i advise u dont as they do the same thing ever 20 mins lol ( check router light and have u got green light and have u got.....blaHHHHHH FUK OFFF)

would just sit and wait i had to for a few days i was on the phone to them but i advise u dont as they do the same thing ever 20 mins lol ( check router light and have u got green light and have u got.....blaHHHHHH FUK OFFF)

hahhahaha! brilliant............ yeh, i thought that may be the case - thats why i havent called them.

What gets my goat is the bandwidth speed really - ok fair enough, if i have no internet connection then thats that. End of story, and ill wait until it comes back up again. BUT, to have a dribbling snail like pace of an internet connection gets extremely annoying.

TeZ

Yeah do a speed test once u can , if you are paying for BROADBAND u should get similar to me i live next to the EXchange so i get 8mb download....you should get much better than u have, are u close to the exchange and what is the available speed for your area,(go to BT site and type post code etc to check)

Punto/Clio GTT
i had the same problem when my line would die, it would stay connected but only transfer like 1.0kbps.

it was the wireless network. i wired up both pcs to the router via ethernet cables and it was so much more reliable. maybe something you could try?

TeZ

^^ yeah good idea tho not the point of a wiless network is it, also isnt the speed problem to do with all computers in his network not just ones away form router? might be wrong