ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

brown plug under fuel rail ???? help needed

RB182 FF ASTRA GSI T
my oil lights started flashing the other day in the 172 and now its staying on, the oil level is fine and the pump seems to be doing its job, i removed the plenum cover to get to the green plug to see if it was loose causing the oil lights to come on.

when i removed it there was a brown plug dangling down that has broke off, any ideas what this is? i meant to bring it home with me but left it in my garage

any advice would be great, thanks

172 Cup
Oil pressure switch is close to the oil filter, if its that wire, it would explain light on dash as disconnected shows open circuit. Its a small round plug, single wire iirc. Brown plug of a switch higher up is the knock sensor, this should not cause oil pressure light to appear

BMW M5 & E36
Knock sensor I'd have thought. Nothing to do with oil. Oil light on the dash is controlled by the green one you mention, oil pressure switch.

Beaten to it.

172 Cup
yes you will need to fix it, it does what it says in the tin, detect's "engine knock" and controls ignition/fuelling to suit

RB182 FF ASTRA GSI T
the oil level is spot on and hasnt moved, its showing up all 6 000000 when oil ok pops up iv removed the oil cap whilst running and oil is spitting about at the top of the engine so oil is getting around the engine. the only thing i think it can be is the sensor that the green plug goes on to ??? cheers

172 Cup
the oil level is spot on and hasnt moved, its showing up all 6 000000 when oil ok pops up iv removed the oil cap whilst running and oil is spitting about at the top of the engine so oil is getting around the engine. the only thing i think it can be is the sensor that the green plug goes on to ??? cheers

Yes the green plug is the sensor to try!! To be 100% safe, while the switch is out, try and land yourself a oil pressure tester, this simply screw's into the sensor hole and gives you a mechanical read out when the engine is running. This will confirm if you have issues or not. From cold you should expect to see around 78-90 psi.

RB182 FF ASTRA GSI T
it looks snapped off, with 2 tiny little prongs inside. and where it looks like it clips on it has an allen key bolt ???

Trophy Turbo :)
Changce your oil pressure switch, i habe one you can have if you pm me your address, im shipping parcles today/tommorrow so i can do it at the same time, id checke the sensor first before i did any thing the level 000000 gauage is a different sesnor than the pressure one.

The nock sensor will r****d the car if its not plugged in mate