ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Broadband Speed = Rubbish

CTR--VX220D
I have Orange 8MB... its been quick from the start however its been rubbish within the last 2 weeks. Youtube is unwatchable until the vid has been downloaded completely [takes ages].
So I did a speed test and it looks terrible.
Here:-
www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest/results/id/117908537757752721008.html
Date 13/05/07 20:41:16
Speed Down 208.28 Kbps ( 0.2 Mbps )
Speed Up 365.80 Kbps ( 0.4 Mbps )

Port 80
Server speedtest1.adslguide.org.uk
I tried other websites with same results.
I know the contention ratio will have something to do with it but this takes the piss... esp since I paid more to upgrade to 8mb when I have less than 0.5MB speeds!
Will I have a leg to stand on if I complain?
Chris

Shed.
ring them up.

Ring your ISP.

I had the same problem. karoo 8MB, cheapest package.

Was getting 517Kbps

rang up asked them nicely why, and the sorted it out.

I have a connection of anywhere between 6.2 and 7.3 mbps.

Granted i share the line because i8 have the cheapest package.

If you have it on a wireless network and its not encrypted check next door is streaming p**n 24/7, my mate had this problem.

Shed.
You do have a leg to stand on. your a customer, your paying their waes..............As a customer they must respect your wishes. Just ask tem why your net connection had become slower.....

Nippy white cup
I "upgraded" to 8mb from 2 meg about 5 months back. I was getting 240k/sec on 2 meg. I never checked to see if I had been sent an email confirming the upgrade but me connection speed went to 7.6 from 2.2. I still had my original modem from years back but I struggled to get half my original dl speeds. I rang up and according to their records I was still on the 2 meg setup...even tho I got connected at 7+!?!

I'm now on wireless with the same connection and it still seems hit and miss....was downloading earlier at 35k/sec......last night I was getting 790k/sec!

Chris

Audi S3 225
m8 ur probably being throttled. They wont admit it if you ring them up, and theres literally nothing you can do. I ended up buying out the rest of my contaract with pipex and signing up with sky who are so far pretty awsome!

Mk2 Golf GTI
Here's mine on BT 8mb, it's appalling!

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest/results/id/117908943072590923149.html

Got this on the other site but i reckon it's b****cks

125726920.png