ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Virgin Media's 'Free' Speed increase warning - If you don't have the Superhub.

I've been waiting for this for a while, VM announced they were doubling broadband speeds for all customers.

Anyway I checked my postcode a fortnight ago and apparently my area is upgraded. Run a speedtest, and still on 20MBit. Fair enough. Give them time.

Today, ran a speedtest, 20MBit. What gives?

So I called them and got the dumbest foreign woman in the world. Basically she was telling me my modem & router can't recieve more than 20MBit and thats why I notice no difference. To get the Superhub I require, its either going to cost me £20, or £4 per month more to upgrade to 60MBit. Hardly a free speed increase!

So I argue. She says she can't budge. I carry on, "Free is not free if I have to pay money for equipment or pay more per month!" Still won't budge. I ask to speak to her supervisor or manager, she tells me no-one is available. "How convenient" is my reply. I said I'd phone back later and would ask to speak with a manager or such, and if I got no-where I would be cancelling my subscription and going to Sky.

Suddenly a manager is available, I'm put on hold.

She comes back, I'm being sent a Superhub for free. I'm being upgraded to 60Mbit for free. And I've got a few quid off my bill each month.

Don't let them mess you about if you end up in my predicament. Just argue and argue, asking for the manager seemed to work wonders! I've been with them since they were Telewest, I'm annoyed I was treated like this!

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
Apparently contacting the VM Twitter team (twitter@virginmedia.co.uk) yields far better results than the offshore customer service team. Just FYI shoulf you ever need to contact them again.

Wasn't there some hoo har with the broadband war between BT and VirginMedia?

I heard that BT had complained to Ofcom about VM breaking some rule about upping service without upping price. I could be wrong though.

Apparently contacting the VM Twitter team (twitter@virginmedia.co.uk) yields far better results than the offshore customer service team. Just FYI shoulf you ever need to contact them again.

Thanks Scott, I did use a forum and got no-where so I assumed 150 was the best approach. It took me 31 minutes but I got there!

Octy VRS
We estimate your area will be ready between:March 2013 and August 2013.

Anus.

Still, I seem to get over 30Mb even on their basic bb.

Citroen DS3 DSport
I was offered a free Superhub but declined when I was told that this would automatically enter me into a new 12 month contract.