ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Breaks really crap

Got my arctic last september and the breaks werent as good as my golf mk4 i had before. i did think this was odd but just assumed all was well. the breaks have been getting slowly worse, so much so that they are now dangerous. i have full pads and brand new disks. i bled the breaks today and if anything they got worse.

if anyone has ant clues to whats going on let me know.

cheers

yeah brakes might help. :)

they are just not very good, when i brake at high speed they are ok. When i brake at 30 or below they dont really stop the car. if i pump them they do get better but as i said i tried bleeding the system. might just give in and take it to renault tomorrow

ITB'd MK1
if you bled them and it got worse, it's fairly clear that you did something wrong.

I'd suspect badly fitted pads, sticky sliders etc. Full clean-up needed to get everything moving freely, and correct bleeding

"Navy" N17 TWO
Sometimes I get a crunching in mine at slow speeds
- mostly on a steep hill or in traffic, even when the car has stopped moving and I have my foot on the pedal :S

Happens at random, and lasts a few seconds

Dodgy one
Where abouts is this lol anyone got a pic? :p

+1 reckon mines melted recently, Nearly flattened a badger other night lol

Is it the one that runs off the back of the Plenum towards the manifold?? Its a vac pipe but i dont know what it does

"Navy" N17 TWO
+1 reckon mines melted recently, Nearly flattened a badger other night lol

Is it the one that runs off the back of the Plenum towards the manifold?? Its a vac pipe but i dont know what it does

Not sure TBH, I need to find out though lol

Dodgy one
it's going to be pads or fluid (OP)

Yeah, I'd be checking the disks too especially the backs a CV boot may have popped off recently and ruined the pads too, The fact he has to pump the pedal to get them to work properly says to me its had a bad bleed on top of the above

"Navy" N17 TWO
Still not 100% sure which pipe I'm looking for

Is it about 2" to the left of the throttle body, as you look down on the engine?
This one passes up over the breather from the induction bend

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
Take it somewhere for them to have a check and re-do the work you have.

Could it be the mastercylinder which has perished resulting in greater pedal travel and more work needed on the pedal?

Laguna sport tourer
Still not 100% sure which pipe I'm looking for

Is it about 2" to the left of the throttle body, as you look down on the engine?
This one passes up over the breather from the induction bend
if you have an engine cover installed it goes through the cut out at the back and disappears behind the sound deadening towards the master cylinder(its about 10mm o/d) also check servo assistance by runnung engine then stopping it pump the pedal a few times ad it should get harder to press

"Navy" N17 TWO
Pipe seems to be fine, and the pedal gets stiff to a certain point when the engine is off.

My fron o/s caliper is slightly loose in the bracket when parked. All bolts are checked tight though :S