ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Brake lines

-Dan-

ClioSport Club Member
Where is the best place to go to get replacement brake lines for the rear, spoke to Adam today and he said that Renault only give you a length of copper tube now no flexi pipe fitted for the rear calliper pipes

I want to replace the whole rear set up while its off, going to have to cut most off as can only get the unions on the compensator undone.

All pipes you see is what I want to replace! I've got a pipe bender, flaring tool but an unable to crimp a section of flexi hose on

0C4B7288-502A-40CF-BEB4-10D2B110D9DB_zpsohqeweno.gif

C9B8FEC4-4A27-49D7-B66F-12DDF504182E_zpsmwn8wqj3.gif

A505CE96-347F-4DE1-9C86-814E3B2B7E20_zpsahxqydyk.gif

C2CC91D4-DAD6-469C-B773-E4F1CB2994B4_zps3bb5k1rg.gif

Regards Dan

npt

BMW 320d- 172 cup
I went to local dealer a few weeks back with the part numbers, he said I could order them no problem

npt

BMW 320d- 172 cup
Only other option is to get a flexi line made up from the valve straight into the caliper, pirtek would make you one

-Dan-

ClioSport Club Member
Could you post me the part numbers please? That's good news!!

I've considered a flexi hose direct from the compensator but will see how I get on!

Pirtek Into my work on a daily basis to make hydraulic hoses for our excavators/cranes so will have a quiet word with the engineer see if he can make me something on the side

I know how expensive they are

R5gtt, 182, volvo...
If I was

if I was to replace the whole lot myself, with the copper pipe I've got at home, I will have no way of making a flexible section for the rear callipers.
That's what I mean, buy some normal rear braided hoses and just screw thead them on...

My gt turbos just normal pipe, union, screw on flexi...

Feck off that crimp part and got a normal pipe..

-Dan-

ClioSport Club Member
Ill have a look into that cheers, quite tempted to get a single line made by HELL for both side looking at £50 so depending on what i get back from @npt regarding a part number and Renaults price for it

R5gtt, 182, volvo...
A single line isn't serviceable..

Rubber will fail, make it removeable... I didn't know this was how the renault was set up and now I've seen yours Im gonna jog that on...

npt

BMW 320d- 172 cup
this is the two numbers i got given, type them into google, the dealer guy said there was only one set for all 172/182 models, he quoted me around £27 each

-Dan-

ClioSport Club Member
Mine will be different to most due to the cup having a compensator 172/182 wont have that coupling box, it will be a briaded hose, same as what you get when you upgrade the front and rears just a full length.

Thats the same diagram Adam showed me and he seems to thing that is a solid tube of copper, no flexible joint crimped on