ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Brake dust/caliper question

I get alot of dust on my rears and the calipers are not ceased or anything!! i think its down to what pads you have personally i used to have EBC redstuff and they barely gave off any dust...

But they are crap think they are made of flapjack as they just crumble away or divorce the backing plate

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
I replaced the rear discs and pads a few months back but its been in the back of my mind for a while. It may just be one of those things.

I posted about this exact same thing yesterday.
My rear wheels seem to get covered in brake dust really quickly, sometimes it appears quicker than the fronts, but they do also collect dirt more too.
I was always under the impression the rear brakes hardly did anything, which is why I find it puzzling/slightly worrying!

I fitted replacement standard discs and pads a few months back too. Took them off yesterday, but couldn't spot anything untoward! Although to be fair I wasn't really sure what I was looking for haha.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Ha ha. Well I'm going to see Fred hopefully on Thursday so will get him to check a few things.

172 Ph1, Lupo GTI
its probably a combination of dust and dirt. Other than checking for uneven or excessive wear I would not worry too much