ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Boring Summer Evening Snaps

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Took the mrs for an evening blast down to whitstable last night, got a bit of fish and chips and walked along the beach. Also managed to get the car s**t all over and kill half of the SE's flying insect population... :cool: Combine that with being bored this afternoon and finishing in the garden, and I ended up washing it and popping out for some pics.

It's recently had new kidney grilles, headlights, rear badge, just little bits and bobs.

Plan is to hopefully fit a facelift front bumper and be done with it near enough, except for a half decent iPod interface that I've never got around to.

C&C welcome. (except for if it's about tyre shine, f**k tyre shine)

14037822568_4b2235d9bb_c.jpg
Summer Evening by Rob Strode, on Flickr

14037782570_544f673847_c.jpg

14201256266_c2480333fd_c.jpg

14224185984_34ae81ba72_c.jpg

14222051702_68bb410590_c.jpg

14224175424_bc3260ebae_c.jpg

Last edited:

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
I really really love these. They remind me of an english bull terrier, very ugly but beautiful!

Suzuki Jimny
Looking great. Every time I look at photos of yours it makes me look on autotrader for one.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Are there any sort of more aggressive but OEM front bumpers for these?

There's four bumper options, I have this one in the garage ready to go on (facelift):

z4faceliftbumper020_zps0a3750ad.jpg

Or there's this one (aero):

img_0262.jpg

Or finally, the most rare and expensive option (//M bumper):

attachment.jpg

Last edited:

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
M bumper only I think.

Might be my screen but the pictures look a bit cold (probably is my screen)

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
M bumper is the best imho - but only if the car is fitted with an ITB fed S54B32 as standard.

If not, the levels of homo attributed to the fitment of such a part is quite high.

I'm either going facelift, or re-painting mine. Not sure yet.

I just like the more square faclift design, and the continuation of the lines in the wing are quite a nice touch.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Still looking well Robbo, loved the colour of Matthew's though, lovely shape. Useable rwd is what I like. Nice SWB to throw around.

Aero bumper looks well, CSLs transform it.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Still looking well Robbo, loved the colour of Matthew's though, lovely shape. Useable rwd is what I like. Nice SWB to throw around.

Aero bumper looks well, CSLs transform it.

You're still part of the CSL club? Still??

I almost bought some the other day and am now REALLY regretting it. Perfect almost brand new reps with tyres (decent make) for £900 in essex.

I do love the 224's though, the reason I keep putting CSL's off is that I don't know if I want 19's on it.

Love it mate. I still prefer the wheels that came on it when you bought it, but I certainly don't mind those.

Cheers Brookie, I may still have a full set in the garage :eek:

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Thanks chaps! I still really like it, which is odd considering how long I've had it now!

Fine looking bus old boi, although the one you posted above on the CSL's is HOTT !!

I can't decide now, totally fucked. I've seen a few silver roadsters with anthracite csl's and it looks just right.

If a good second hand set come up, I'll probably buy them and flog all my other wheels.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Nice Rob! I kind of miss my old one.. Being back in a two seater of later feels good! Love the lower driving position.