ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Boot Lock

Megane 230 R26
Last week my boot lock started making what I can only describe as a "sqawking" sound when I unlock the car, although it sounds normal when locking, and it hasn't so far failed to either lock or unlock despite this.

I had a search on here and saw loads of stories about people's boots not locking etc :S Does anyone know if this is a fairly typical build-up to the same fault, and I should thus sort it out with some urgency?

I plan to take it apart tomorrow to have a look and lubricate it, but if someone tells me the noise means curtains for the solenoid I won't bother and I'll just order a new one ;)

Cheers :D

Megane dci 130
Sounds like the boot solenoid up the swanny, wouldnt be suprised if you need to buy the whole catch to get the solenoid.

Megane 230 R26
Cheers for the reply, yeah that's what I'm thinking... and yep that tends to be the status quo with Renault, wouldn't be surprised if the part required in order to replace a faulty boot solenoid is called "Tailgate Assembly" and costs £1000 :lolup:

I'll take it apart tomorrow for a butchers and see if it's terminal, if it is I might see what I can find at a breaker's :)

Megane 230 R26
Cheers for the advice guys, managed to get in touch with someone on here who's breaking a 182 so should hopefully have myself a new one soon :)

Clio 182 FF/Cup Packs
Last week my boot lock started making what I can only describe as a "sqawking" sound when I unlock the car, although it sounds normal when locking, and it hasn't so far failed to either lock or unlock despite this.
Take the tied up women out of the boot and the noise will go away :D

My work here is done.....................................................................:)