ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bonnet wont open Ph2 172

Ph2 172
So i went to open my bonnet to check my oil level the other day and my bonnet wont open. Im guessing its not the wire snapped because i have taken the pull handle away and the wire is still in tact and pulling through, i have also pulled at the wire near the bonnet (after cutting a hole in my grill to get to it) and it is still in tact there. My only guess is the mechanism has broken in some way. I have tried all i can think of but have now just taken it to a local mechanic to have ago.

I was wondering if anyone here has ever had this problem and if there is any way of getting it open without having to cut a hole in my bonnet.

Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Tom

Clio RS200
Go from underneath or through the grill. Get a light and see if there is anything you can either get pliers or a Ratchet onto. Bonnet catches are so basic there's usually something simple

Ph2 172
Well the first attempt of going through the grill was kinda pointless as there is no access to the catch from there. I think its goign to be a case of seeing what the guy at the garage can do :(

MG ZR x2, Polo, CTR
Get someone to lift it as you pull the release, its a sticky release mechanism above the grille.
when its open abso-fuckin-lutely cake it in gt85 spray

mine does this from time to time :)

George@RTR_Parts

ClioSport Trader
  need BRAKES? PM me
Your locking/release mechanism will be seized.

The Renault dealers were swapping these free of charge. You should have had a letter saying to take your car in

Worth ringing them to see if they are still doing it to get a new one fitted

Then just keep on top of it with spray/bit of grease to stop it doing it again

Mine done this.

Like what's been said get someone to pull the release and try pulling/pushing the bonnet up and down and should pop open. Then I just cleaned up the latch and greased it slightly and been fine since :)

Mine does this. If you have someone with you, get them to pull the release while you pull up on the bonnet it should open. If your on your own tie a bit of string/shoe lace and attach to lever, run it out of the door pull on it while you open the bonnet. Worked for me.

PB Clio 172
bloody pain in the ass this is..... My catch has been fine since my body shop fixed my bonnet which was raised, just come back from its MOT and now its stuck-proper stuck !! Stupid MOT idiots, could this be why it doesnt work now ? i.e them slamming it so hard ?

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
some jam- just pull the handle while someone else lifts up the bonnet-

S