ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bonnet removal

KitsonRis

ClioSport Club Member
Just got my nice ally bonnet, which I didn't know was that light!
New bonnet has the hinges on. Is this a hint that the bonnet needs to be swapped with the hinges? Or can I remove them and swap for the ones on the car as from what I can make out you need to remove the wings to remove the hinges from car. Which I cba to do unless I need to

Focus RS + S3
Cant see why you cant bolt the new bonnet to the hinges already on your car?
Im assuming its the same setup as a ph2

KitsonRis

ClioSport Club Member
Cant see why you cant bolt the new bonnet to the hinges already on your car?
Im assuming its the same setup as a ph2
I am hoping this! I want to unbolt the bonnet from the car, leaving the hinges and then the new one on. But was wondering why the new one has the hinges still attached to the bonnet, wasn't sure if there was a "trick" or anything to why they have been left on.

172 Ph1
Good luck removing the hinges from the Alloy bonnet - they are renowned for snapping .
It's more work fitting the hinges .

KitsonRis

ClioSport Club Member
Good luck removing the hinges from the Alloy bonnet - they are renowned for snapping .
It's more work fitting the hinges .
I have glued it to one hinge as the bolt snapped off in the bonnet I could drill out....that isn't being removed!! I managed to remove the hinges, and then nipped up the bolts for alignment and testing then went to tighten it and one went pop. Rule 1 - use a torque wrench!

Where did you purchase the bonnet?
Someone was breaking a car on here. I think @midge may have one in a car he is breaking still, look in the car parts sale section to see if it still there