ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bonnet Raisers

Mini Clubman
Any1 ever fitted bonnet raisers to a clio? pics would be great?

what do ppl think?

tom

Ian

Focus TDCi
Dude don't bump after half an hour, it aint gonna do you any favours with admin and mods or make people reply any quicker!

If you want my opinion, which I was going to give regardless, I think they are the best thing ever.. for making your car look like it's owned by a chav (assuming you mean the little things that raise the bonnet slightly?) I'm sure they have some purpose if you're running something serious under the bonnet, but I really really don't like them otherwise. That's my personal opinion though, if you like them - go for them.

Artic Blime 182
Anyone got any pics i have no idea what you are talking about rofl.

Do they just raise the bonnet, wouldnt it then just look open all the time?

Unless it's there for a reason I.E an induction kit sitting up under/near the scuttle panel then no.

182kev

n569455713_4143230_9296.jpg

"Navy" N17 TWO
Would let more water in surely, those already-delicate little French electrics will just LOVE that! :eek:

Mini Clubman
dont know really, ment to help with engine cooling i got told,

warm air risers so thats where the hottest point would be i think so quickest point for the heat to escape.

i honestly dont know though

Artic Blime 182
I doubt they would let cool air in tbh looking at them they will just help with the hot air going out, same principle to be honest. Looks way better than a bonnet scoop would on a clio any way.

M2 Competition
On a clio, no. Looks like your bonnet is broken/ you've had a front ender.

They suit track saxo's though.

ITB'd MK1
I doubt they would let cool air in tbh looking at them they will just help with the hot air going out, same principle to be honest. Looks way better than a bonnet scoop would on a clio any way.

doesn't work, actually does the reverse as you get an area of low pressure behind the raises section. The air passing over the bonnet and onto the screen actually stops the hot air leaving the bay

PH1 172 Sport
doesn't work, actually does the reverse as you get an area of low pressure behind the raises section. The air passing over the bonnet and onto the screen actually stops the hot air leaving the bay

The area of low pressure formed here also increases the lift generated by the front end at speed and increases the vehicles drag so in theory will cause a decrease in fuel consumption and acceleration (although on a clio it may be a minor difference!)

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
a guy at work has them on his saxo, i thought he crashed until he told me what they were, look shite.

172 CUP, Old skool Mini
Looks proper pony on a clio in my opinion! My mate had them on his RS turbo and they looked pretty mint, the block that raise's the bonnet had RS printed on it and it was all shiny shiny metal. But on a clio.... NAH!!!

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
they look w**k,

had them on mine for abit,
car looks soo much better when the pannels accually meet properly lol