ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bonnet Catch Recall

Clio Sport 182
Well its time for my 60k service :(

So i booked it in at the stealers and they tell me it has a bonnet catch recall (04 plate 182) and that i should be recieveing a letter about it soon but to ignore it because they will do it at the service.

Anyone else had this?

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Similar to me, m8. I phoned Reno for an inlet gasket the other week and when I gave them my reg. no, they said I had the outstanding bonnet recall on it too. Mine's a '54 plate 182, for the record.

I've had no letter or phone call discussing the recall - only what I've heard and read about on CS. I had it done (approx 20mins) and its free, so you may as well.

D.

Black 182 FF
How do you tell or find out if it's been done?

Mines a 54 plate 182 and I've just got it so have no idea.

Never above 25mpg
Ring up Renault. Only way.They'll only replace it if it's rusty too. And mine was properly fooked!

Meg 250/E36 Touring
How do you tell or find out if it's been done?

Mines a 54 plate 182 and I've just got it so have no idea.

Buzz yr local dealer; Evans Halshaw - 0191 332 4600

Give them your reg/vin No and they'll check for any outstanding recalls.

As you've not had it long, the letter will probably have gone to the previous keeper (if you car is within the chassis range of the recall)

Clio on SL 2118s
I had mine done about a month ago. Didnt get a letter but took it in and they did it.

Integra Type-R DC2
Took my car in for a service a few weeks ago. They told me there and then and did it as a part of the service. afaik, its on all models throught the Clio range that had the suspect bonnet catch.

?
Took my car into renault to ask them if mine needed doing, they said no but they changed it for free anyway :) took 15 mins and they changed both parts for shiney new ones... dead impressed :)

Haybails1980

ClioSport Club Member
My bonnet catch got fixed when my car was in for some warranty work a couple of weeks ago - nice surprise that they did it off their own back.

Ph1
Ah right so its the type of catch thats the problem. I always thought it was simply neglect that caused it aka lack of oiling.

I'd like to check if mine is the dodgy one. What part number / type is the one ??

Just rang up Renault after seeing this thread, and my cars has yet to be checked. Think ill be popping down my local stealers!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
i dont have mine anymore but it did fly up and cause a bit of damage.
do i have a claim? i work in a bodyshop so didnt cost me to fix the damage but wouldnt mind a bit of cash my way.

S2 106 Rallye
It's a free recall service due to manufacturer fault. Renault fucked up years ago after a number of complaints by people on the motorway and high speed driving expeirenced their bonnet flipping up...

I'm utterly gob-smacked you have only just found out.

No you can't claim, that's why they offer the free recall. If you had been pro-active and called the dealership, you would have been told that your car is due a recall.

You should watch watchdog once in a while, or ask your dealer every now and then if they are expecting your car for anything. Their systems are linked and know if it has a recall fault outstanding.

Renault tried blaming it on 'not being looked after', but that was thrown out as utter tosh.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Im having mine done tomorrow.

I love the phone call they always give you...

"Mr Keenan thats your car ready, we noticed you need 4 tyres a new cd player and 8 sets of brake pads, would you like us to go ahead and do that?"

"you can go and f**k your self is what you can do love..."

Monaco RS Clio 172
yeah they told me I needed new front and rear brake discs and pads new drive shaft on the drivers side due to pin hole in gaitor at a cost of 150 plus vat for the part plus 250 plus vat to fit it

rentec sort the shaft for 75 all in.

and my brake pads were nearly new on the front, way more than 3/4 of meat left, discs new, rear discs new..

only thing that was slightly below half worn was the rear pads

I was in shock. especially quoted prices.

Honda & VW
This is weird as just the other day my girlfriends bonnet catch on her 182 started playing up, it's temporamental when the release handle is pulled.

Hers is a 2005 though, shall i contact Renault?

Mk2 Clio dci
This is weird as just the other day my girlfriends bonnet catch on her 182 started playing up, it's temporamental when the release handle is pulled.

Hers is a 2005 though, shall i contact Renault?

any clio is affected tbh (except mk1s.), ive check 06 plate campus'. if neither of the parts are rusty they'll just spray it up and test it 20times.

dCi 80 tractor
I took mine in today after reading this thread and the mechanic said its the worst condition one hes seen. Ive only had it for about 2 weeks, thanks previous owner..