ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bonnet Catch Fault

i have got mine booked in tomorrow, had my car 10 months and done 9000miles in it and first i heard was when i joined this site.

Clio 172
I phoned up and they said there were no outstanding issues or recalls on my car however asked for it to come in for a quick check over.

Balls in their court then if it fails.

Skoda Fabia vRS
lots of people still dont seem to know about this recall, its huge and has been ongoing for ages

EVERY MKII Clio is affected, if their is rust on the catch or locking mechanism they get replaced FOC, if they are not corroded they will be lubed like they are on every service we do, again FOC

thats it in black and white, if you have a corroded catch come and get it changed

CLIO PH1 172
mine wasnt coroded atall not a spot of rust on any on the mech ??? still got it all replaced though :D

RSC 182 Cup
It's interesting that this recall has not taken place in Australia.

Can someone please post pics on exactly which parts need to be lubricated?

Clio 182
im guessing you can phone ANY renault dealer and they can tell you if this has been done or not?

02' PH1 172
This really annoys me. My ph1 172 in South Africa was brought into the country, the same as all the other clio sports, from france or wherever, my bonnet catch is rusty as fook, and renault SA said that the recall is only for the european market, and does not affect the SA cars at all!!?!?

but they all come from the same place!? so why should cars in SA be excluded!?
pisses me off

1.5dci
when i booked mine in for Tuesday, he said it'd be a 15min job, so hopefully he wont be too far off, as i only have an hour for lunch which includes getting to them.
Would be grateful if anyone can confirm how long it'll take though, could warn them at work if i'm likely to be late!

All they do is grease it up I believe. They don't change anything on the mechanism. I check mine often anyway so I always re-grease it etc if needed.

Do not grease it!! Bugs and s**t sticks to the grease, jams the safety latch up and that could cause problems.

I still believe its purely poor maintanance that causes the bonnet to flip up. In my 4 years at renault I never ever saw one come in with a flipped bonnet.

I got mine done on friday took them about 40mins they did a 25 point check and washed it for me too, for free can't complain.

PH2 Clio 172
I got mine done on friday took them about 40mins they did a 25 point check and washed it for me too, for free can't complain.

I got the 25 point check, normally that would be a good thing I guess. For me it annoyed the crap out of me, mucking about with my carefully set tyre pressures and I really hope they didn't top up my oil with some cheap mineral crap after I did a full oil and filter change 3 weeks ago with some pricey full synthetic stuff.

Dodgy one
got back from renault about an hour ago very pleased with the service they replace both catch and lock with no problems atall

IMG00034-20100506-1340.jpg

IMG00035-20100506-1340.jpg

If thats what it looks like mines an old one, Mines plastic IIRC, Well not the catch but you know what i mean

Maybe a 172 Cup..
Although I've sorted mine with WD40, and put a bit on every week when I check oil, still gonna phone Renault and see if I can get it changed FOC..

Clio sport Cup 172
Just been to evan's halshaw about this today and can confirm whats already been said,if there is any signs of rust on the part attached to the bonnet it will be replaced(20mins)and the catch on the slam panel will be tested and replaced if need be (45 mins) all foc !!

Clio 172 RS2
Went to a Renault Service Center to see if it applies to my Clio... no replacement under recall.
They looked it up in their system too.

Wow i did hear of this before, parked up today and realised catch was up on mine but luckily enough i wasnt doing any motorway driving. Anyway isnt there a second catch thing or wouldnt that work ? Will renault do anything to mine even though i have amp cable going through same grommit as cable for bonnet ? O yeah 1 hour away is my nearest renault garage :mad: