ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bomber's new project. MX5 content

Qashcow
Unsure on which TR lane cage, they're only about half an hour away so will take a drive and see which looks best in the flesh. I'd like the full cage but a bit pointless unless I was racing it

PM's sent :)

Lemonnobby, I moved from quedgeley over towards Newent so less likely to see it as the commute for the missus isn't into town. I still work in quedgeley but have a van. Got a few mates living in copeland park, I'll keep am eye out for you :D

CBR1K, F21 125D
Standard GP is more than enough, then maybe the door bars later down the line if you get buckets, so you can at lest trial fit them... as its TIGHT.

Qashcow
Lemonnobby, I used to live in quedgeley but have since moved out towards the forest. The meggy doesn't get into Gloucester that much really :(

Right, have been reluctant to look at one of my rear arches as I could tell it was bubbling slightly. Had a proper look today and they're a rotten mess. This isn't the end of the world as I refuse to spend £400 getting them fixed so in the new year I'll have the arches replaced and I'll matt the car with a brush. If I'm doing that it also means I'm less worried about welding tje diff which will now happen in the next few weeks.

Bought an omp hub off eBay and it's shite, you have to drill it to even fit on the car. Then when fitted it snagged the plastic behind it so it came back off and into the machine shop. Finally fitted last night...

e18a57e5.gif

e2e4f82c.gif

Still undecided which cage to buy, I keep meaning to pop over to TR Lane and have a nosey. Need some wheels first, the tyres on these 14" dubs are expensive compared to 15's :(

Qashcow
i did, then sold it again lol. was temporarily short of cash and made £20 on the deal. I have so far used one tank of fuel since buying it, 260 miles. it is actually pointless me owning this tbh

Qashcow
Diff voids purchased in the group buy, should be here this week. To go with the welded diff this should increase the fun

Jewson, shame about the timing lol. Never mind :(

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172
Basically instead of replacing the rubber bushes as far as I can tell..

172 Race Car
Lol @ buying something when you dont know what it does.

Looks like it stops diff housing movement, prob good for drifting :p

Qashcow
I had a vague idea, vague is much like the handling also.

This evening I have purchased some wheels. 8" bronze fake. Just how I like it ;)

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
I don't know either. But they were in a group buy and my diff is coming out so made sense. Lol

lube the s**t out of the captive nuts on the main long diff bolts. Changed one last week and had to cut the bolt as the captive started to spin

Qashcow
Had been looking at the under chassis braces too, the mx5 doesn't feel very 'solid' after the caged clio.

Picking up the new wheels tonight from Weston but they won't fit without some bashing about first :)

These turned up today then.... Still don't know what they do lol.

16f183e8.gif

CBR1K, F21 125D
It's pretty simple to what they do!

Get a cusco 4 point under front brace and Eunos upper front.

Then get on tetsuya garage ask rod or keep a eye out for a top rear.

That mixed with a half cage will be on the verge of OVER stiff.

Homo spec mazda
Youd be quite wrong to assume the diff mounts make no difference, its infact a massive difference, bomber wont drive his car with a welded diff and the standard mounts so he wont ever feel the way the diff slaps about. When my car was launched the diff would do its best to escape through the boot floor, now nothing. Its massively more solid, and strut braces wont stiffen it up that much, a cage, frame rails and the butterfly brace would do it a million times better.

CBR1K, F21 125D
Youd be quite wrong to assume the diff mounts make no difference, its infact a massive difference, bomber wont drive his car with a welded diff and the standard mounts so he wont ever feel the way the diff slaps about. When my car was launched the diff would do its best to escape through the boot floor, now nothing. Its massively more solid, and strut braces wont stiffen it up that much, a cage, frame rails and the butterfly brace would do it a million times better.

Odd. Had one for 30 mins, now the know all no mark?

CS at its best.

Holding the rusty suspenion turrets and control points in place will do nothing? OH RLY- carry on.

Listerine & Poledo
underchassis bracing will be more beneficial than under-bonnet or boot bracing.

you also get to keep all your boot.

Homo spec mazda
Well no but its pretty much common sense and well reported on the mx5 forums, the frame rails have made massive differences for all who have fitted them, the butterfly brace has improved it yet, and a cage will always do wonders, however not one person has ever gone raving around about how their strut brace has revolutionised the car. Dont be so bitter when someone else offers some input.

Ive had a full 6 point underchassis brace a front 4 point brace, the standard lower front and rear braces, an additional rear brace and a front upper brace, and i can promise since removing all the aftermarket ones i do not miss them one bit.

Listerine & Poledo
The underchassis bracing was designed to go on all MX-5's but was cut becasue of costs. You'll even find a number of mounting holes there for retro-fitting them.

Same as the Mk.1 splitter, which became an option.

It's worth noting that the Sport Mk.2.5's had the chassis rail bracing as standrd (along with the LSDiff, 6-speed and Bilstein factory lowz).

CBR1K, F21 125D
I have a RS-LTD so I already look down on these paupers.

You still S/C this Bomber?

what parts do you need?