ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

BMW E30 325i Project

330i. E30 Touring.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357321323.692286.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357321337.062860.jpg

Get home from work to this.

I'm one happy bunny.

Going to give it a clean up and take some proper pics tomorrow!

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
How have I missed this thread. Great work, glad you got it Mike. Looks awesome. I await the end result, better make an appearance at Le Mans. I may have to pop over in the next few weeks to have a poke around it before work commences. I also have some small clio jobs for beer tokens when you're bored of touching German and want to go back to French :)

ps. I'm at a loose end tomorrow if you want someone to make tea and annoy you.

330i. E30 Touring.
Awesome mate. Yeah, I'll be around at anytime from 10am. What does the Flamer need? Can squeeze it in also.

Think Nick might be coming over also, could meet him for those interior bits?

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
Lol - just saw Nick, he just picked them up. That will f**k him off as it would have saved him the trip. Was good to catch up with him though.

Flamer only needs a diagnosis, and a general sniff about. Want to remove fogs and liners at some point but its not urgent. Priority needs to be 'ze german'. I'll trundle over tomorrow mate for a catch up, yours or your grans?

330i. E30 Touring.
He come in the Cup?

Yeah, at her's. awesome. Drop me a text before you leave- make sure I'm out of bed. ;)

330i. E30 Touring.
Gave the old girl a clean today. I'm actually amazed at the condition of it!

Firstly, a massive thanks to Oli (Cub172 on here) for his help today!

Garage started like this:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357397256.618658.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357397312.762979.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357397330.171103.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357397353.631424.jpg

Garage cleaned out and car tucked up.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357397395.067539.jpg

Look at this paintwork!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357397427.335131.jpg

Strip down starts this week! Can't wait!

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
No worries Mike, i didn't really help much, and I had the chance to exercise the inner gypsy in me by salvaging a few clio parts headed for the tip ;) Was good to go for a beer and meet 'layer cake bob' as I shall now refer to him. Watching him try to lift the saxo engine as hungover as he was, was very amusing. The revelation of 'herbertez' was good banter as well. Nicholas - hero surname.

The e30 is awesome, I can't get over how good the condition and paintwork is. Couldn't find rust anywhere, even the usual suspect places were clean and rust free. Let me know when you start taking it apart for mechanical restoration and I'll trundle over again. A great purchase and I can't wait to see it 'rolling' to Le Mans avec a white suited, aviator wearing small ginger man at the wheel.

330i. E30 Touring.
Spent today having another tidy-up, cleaning session/ niggle fixing.

First of all, brakes had seized on again, so will be stripping them this week.

Had to tow it out of the garage, lol.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358011903.643101.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358011917.008456.jpg

The drivers side windows wouldn't open for some reason, so took the door card off and put 12v to the motor. Worked fine. Then went back and checked the fuse and all was fine. Took it out, rubbed the contacts an put it back and that fixed it, lol.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358012004.791811.jpg

All windows down for ease of access.

Nick and I then went mental with the interior cleaner, an agitating brush and a wipe down cloth. Results were good but no pics until I've finished!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358012080.329730.jpg

We then set about trying to fire it. Just to see. Changed the oil, put a battery on it and Turned it over and it wasn't getting fuel. Will have to investigate why this week.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358012188.951208.jpg

I love this car.

330i. E30 Touring.
Cambelt kit, both aux drive belts, water pump and gasket and new radiator ordered.

A big thanks to Matt at ECP Kettering- sorted me out nicely price wise!

330i. E30 Touring.
Cheers gents.

Also just bought some tyres. 2x PE2's with 3.5mm on and 2x PS3's with 6mm on. All in 205/50/15.

Going to order some brick acid this afternoon to properly strip the wheels back to metal again, rather than 10 year old brake dust, etc.

330i. E30 Touring.
Nope, they're not splits. Just single piece.

How much did matey charge? I know a place I can get tyres taken off and fitted for nothing, but they will need powder coating at some point to be proper mint!

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
He's dead cheap and the quality is great, what size wheels? I'll get you a price for tyres off if you want? So just drop off, have them done and pick up, you sort the tyres?

330i. E30 Touring.
Correctamundo.

15's. Single piece. I can have tyres removed and refitted, no problemos. xx

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
This is awesome Mike. Always loved E30's, peach of an engine too.

330i. E30 Touring.
It runs!

Put a battery and some fresh fuel in and it fired with the first turn of the key!

It runs!

Put a battery and some fresh fuel in and it fired with the first turn of the key!

BOOM! Gotta love German engineering.

On a side note, in the failsport gang: which one of you is Dom, which one is Brian and which one is Jessie the mad scientist who "rips apart the block"?

330i. E30 Touring.
Flol. I raised the question in a whatsapp convo this morning and nobody could really decide.

Good question though.

Well done.

Renault clio 2005
Great Car I had one even with 188k On the clock it still Pulled Like a train. Rear wheel driving was fun and Both scary at times :)

330Ci (Fail)Sport
Great Car I had one even with 188k On the clock it still Pulled Like a train. Rear wheel driving was fun and Both scary at times :)

It won't be any more scary than Budgie's old 328i touring! Unnatural how that would kick out lol