ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

BMW E30 325i Project

330i. E30 Touring.
So today I put the car in for an MOT, just to see what I'd need to sort for it to be properly legal. An odd concept for me.

Almost unbelievably, it passed. I'm baffled! Typical BMW!

330i. E30 Touring.
Have been rolling about in it today: ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361126534.601799.jpg

The attention it gets is awesome! Had a thumbs up from a guy in an old Stag!

I know, I know- it needs the centre caps fitting. I've only got three and none beats three at the minute. Am waiting on the fourth being delivered.

330i. E30 Touring.
Will be getting a deep clean tomorrow, weather depending so will try and take some nicer pics tomorrow.

Also happen to be winning a 325 touring on ebay at the minute, lol. We'll see what comes of that.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
If you're playing anything other than Duran Duran or Wham! when driving around then we need to be having words!

Still not looked at the pics from SRR, lol! I'll get them up...sometime.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Do the f**king pictures Luke, this thread needs at least a few decent pictures of the thing!

Meet up Sunday somewhere middle ground for a few soft top pics if it's sunny Mike?

330i. E30 Touring.
If you're playing anything other than Duran Duran or Wham! when driving around then we need to be having words!

Still not looked at the pics from SRR, lol! I'll get them up...sometime.

LOL. It gets whatever Magic plays at the minute, because BMW weren't kind enough to pre-think iPod connectivity. All is in hand though:

cassette-adapter-small.jpg

Mike, need someone to come over and help? I'll be around in the afternoon.

Yep- definitely mate. I'll be about from 10.30 or so...

I may drop in mate if that's ok, mines off to MWM so will only be round the corner.

As above, bear. If you need picking up, let me know. xx

Basically your car is awesome.

Oh you.

Do the f**king pictures Luke, this thread needs at least a few decent pictures of the thing!

Meet up Sunday somewhere middle ground for a few soft top pics if it's sunny Mike?

Not sure i can this week mate. Sunday is the only day i have to see the missus or she gets all eggy. In a couple of weeks, i'll roll over on a Saturday/evening if it's light enough?

a 1.4 Corsa :( - moving so need something a little more economical!

WTF?

330i. E30 Touring.
Ermmmmm....

It's awesome that it passed it's MOT Mike, mental, but awesome.

I almost fell over, lol.

Guy rang me and the first thing i asked him was 'how long is the list? do i need to sit down?' and he said it was top notch. Had a root around for rust while he was under there and there isn't a spec, which i was also pretty chuffed with!

330i. E30 Touring.
You've done what?!

I have no idea how to even begin starting that! You just solder a receiver in or something?

A ANIMAL
You've done what?!

I have no idea how to even begin starting that! You just solder a receiver in or something?

No, basically I've taken a stereo feed from the input where the tape player would normally feed on the board and wired in an Aux Jack. then wired in an iPhone cradle with power and put a Bluetooth adapter so you can play whatever you want and it looks standard.

It was even cooler when i has the iphone 4 - as you just slotted the phone where the tape deck used to be and played it from there :cool:

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
No, basically I've taken a stereo feed from the input where the tape player would normally feed on the board and wired in an Aux Jack. then wired in an iPhone cradle with power and put a Bluetooth adapter so you can play whatever you want and it looks standard.

It was even cooler when i has the iphone 4 - as you just slotted the phone where the tape deck used to be and played it from there :cool:

Fancy, I just hard wired in my belkin receiver into the aux in and for power used an old car iPhone car charger as it ran on the same power. All nice and neat behind the dash with a hard wired phone charger poking out under the drivers side air vent where my phone cradle is.

Panda.

ClioSport Club Member
  850 T5
Too soon to call shotgun? Or are we riding in the back avec champers...? looks epic

330i. E30 Touring.
So managed to source some bits to partially tidy up the drivers seat which was showing some signs of wear.

Seat started looking like this:

byru6u2a.jpg

Removed these tatty old bits;

aru7a2e2.jpg

So it now looks like:

6u4a9u5e.jpg

Just need to source a lower bolster to replace the goosed one and it'll look a million times better. It's the only bit that lets the car down at the minute. Then I think it's Gliptone time, to clean and re-dye the seats. Never used that stuff before though, so going to have to do a bit of real world reading from someone who's used it before.

330i. E30 Touring.
Update time:

So, as previously mentioned, the roof had been slashed and patched before when someone had cut it to break into the car. The rear screen also had a few tiny nicks and one 2" split.

I bought a second hand roof which also needed a rear screen.

Before:

6edu2aty.jpg

a7u5e3u9.jpg

After:

zujesu3u.jpg

e8ata5ut.jpg

ybe2ajaz.jpg

Have also sourced a centre cap, so have refitted the full set.

To say I'm chuffed with how it's looking now is the understatement of the century!

330i. E30 Touring.
Cheers mate. It's not far off being ready for LM now!

Flol. I've just seen how bad my pics are.

330i. E30 Touring.
Going. Will hopefully be an M-tech 1 spoiler going on, depending on what's available..

Definitely going though,