ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

blown a spark plug

Monaco RS Clio 172
hey

tonight I was driving along and the car just went mad making a loud popping noise / clicking so I called the AA to recover it, fearing turning it back on, and they discovered it had blown a spark plug out.

they removed the plenum and the thread / plug was intact, so they tried to screw it back in but the thread inside where it goes into the cylinder head (I think lol) wouldn't tighten back up completely, just a bit, so they towed it home just to play it safe.

my question is, is there a relatively easy/cheap fix for this or is it an engine strip down / rethread jobby?

if so anyone had this happen / know how much / best place to get it done?

I know rentec/jms/ktec but they are quite far from me up in sevenoaks kent.

thanks,

lee.

Monaco RS Clio 172
yes plug 3...

and it's never been changed before! this is from factory.. @ 60k now.. I thought they were supposed to last to 70k ish?

is this relatively cheap fix / something I can do myself?

thanks martin, much appreciated quick response :)

ITB'd MK1
some engine repairers can do a plug thread insert in-situ. look in yellow pages for engine reconditioners.

the 72k interval on sparkplug is utter stupidity IMO. I've taken them out at 30k and they're well past it

Monaco RS Clio 172
hey thanks for the replies, ren7oaks said their tool is not long enough to do it and I just can't seem to find a garage who will

anyone know where would?

totally at a loss and need it for christmas :(