ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Black Gold Clio ... What polish?

Not a Diesel!!!

ClioSport Club Member
  LY Meg Cup-S + MX5
My wife keeps buying Black cars (now a 182 BlackGold metalic) and they show up minor scratching the worst.

Generally much improved by a polish but as it wears of the light scratches come back.

When we bought the car it ahd just been cleaned & he told me what with (but I forgot) I think it was some kind of quick detailing spray. The first few times I washed the car after my suds disapeared instantly out of my bucket so not sure what it had been coated with but it made it shine almost wet (& covered up fine scatches)

Recommendations?

1 Series Coupe
If they are majour scratches, the car may need PC'ing. But you could try 'Auto Glym Super Resin Polish'

A well built VW
Do a search for Rich,Alan and Brand alll good examples of well detailed cars

Sure Rich will be along soon to advise iirc Swisswax Onyx for the wax

200 Gordini
^^^ Me jealous!

Autoglym SRP is what you want mate.
Halfords are doing 3 for 2 on Autoglym products atm so you could pick up some extra gloss protection to keep the polished shine and protect it from the elements.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
There's a cleaning guide somewhere posted up by Rich. He had blackgold, one of the cleanest you'll ever see.

106 GTi
I gave up trying to get a decent finish on mien by hand, was the the car that pushed me to buy a machine polisher.

Got best results on mine using Menzerna Intensive Polish and Final Finsih.

Autoglym SRP will do a good job of hiding the marks till it wears off.

2015 ST2(MO)/CorsaLE
^^ was one of the reasons i sold my black gold as i couldnt get rid of the marks! :( not an easy colour to work with! Inferno is the future! ;)

Not a Diesel!!!

ClioSport Club Member
  LY Meg Cup-S + MX5
Yes I used AutoGlym Combo on my Trophy at the weekend and it looks stunning.

But even on the Trophy the fine scratches on the bonnet (that are even more visible in my Garage under tube light) are still there.

Black Gold is more so. Have never used a machine polisher or a cutting compound.

Dont get me wrong they are not bad I just wanted to know if they could be improved with a simple polish.

Not a Diesel!!!

ClioSport Club Member
  LY Meg Cup-S + MX5
Also 'Menzerna Intensive Polish' seems to have a couple of grades & recommed a machine polisher.

Is it OK by hand?

Arctic Blue FF 182
On my black clio, can't remember the name of the black, haha i didn't have time to do a full machine polish so by hand with the following products i achieved:

-AG Super Resin Polish
-CarLack 68 - Nano Systematic Care
-Collinite No. 476S wax
- + various dressings

i got this:
IMGP8632.jpg

106 GTi
Also 'Menzerna Intensive Polish' seems to have a couple of grades & recommed a machine polisher.

Is it OK by hand?

You will struggle to do a whole car by hand with it, will require lots of elbow grease -if you do get it use the http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/polishing/polish/menzerna-250ml/intensive-polish-po91l-/prod_216.html version.

You may be better of with trying http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/polishing/polish/car-lack-68-hand-polish-kit/prod_359.html

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
I had to buy a PC in the end, pissed me reet off. Then i sold the 182 as it depressed me soooo much. Blue is the future ;)

Craig

ClioSport Club Member
  E46 330i tourer
+1 mines a nightmare just gets a few coats of protection the driven

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
You cant just wash B/G, turns into a mamouth session everytime :(

Did own 172 Cup + 182FF
Renault also use a white primer so any small stone chips stick out like a sore thumb. I wax mine every other month and still struggle. My old 172 Cup in blue was 100 times easier.

I get good results with autoglym products and the wax lasts longer on the car if I use Meguirs shampoo and wash mit. Does look sweet when it's clean though....

R26R, 172, S2k
i only use meguiars stuff as i cant fault it, recently had my 182 detailed and came out amazingly :)

finished3.gif

preview5.gif