ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Black dynamique Progress Thread...

TT 225
Done quite a bit to the car since I’ve had it so I thought I might as well start a progress thread. As it was when I bought it.

21032007064.jpg

First thing I got from the car when I bought it in Feb 2007 was an RS grille. I think I ended up getting one off ebay for £40 ish.

I then decided to buy some smoked (blacked out) rear lights around August 2007. I got these for a whopping £60 fully legal with reflectors visible. Sorry, sorry! Now trying to get some OEM ones so ZIPIT! From ebay again I bought some silver 16v bullets for £20

DSCF0768.jpg

Joined the mighty Cliosport.net around this time and things started heading up.

I then set about CC my car starting with door strips. Made an OK job on them (first attempt). (see above)

Next the bullets were sanded down, primered and sprayed LY, which I got from Autopaint in St Helens.

DSCF0769.jpg

Closely followed by dash strips and AIRBAG decal.

DSCF0797.gif

Then the callipers went yellow. (Not to everyone’s taste)

DSCF0790.jpg

The car then sat like this for around a year as I was only earning £80 a week doing 2 days work whilst at college. I then got an apprenticeship with Unilever in August 08 and started earning a bit more money!

So I bought a set of coilovers from matt_trev 2 weeks ago. Drove down to Hinckley with the girlfriend to pick them up set off around 12:30pm and ended getting up home around 6:00pm after visiting KFC etc on the way home.

The car before I had washed or fitted anything...STATE!

DSCF0960.jpg

DSCF0964.jpg

Started fitting the coilovers last Saturday around 12:00 pm. I had only just installed the front struts by 5:00 pm as I ended up visiting a few local garages to get the top mounts undone (pain in the arse). National were really helpful and didn’t charge me anything for undoing them! I painted callipers on Saturday evening whilst it was pissing down and then decided to call it a night.

Got up 7:30 on Sunday began work again...had to give the callipers another lick of paint and install discs and pads in the rain...gutted. Got the front finished (wheels back on etc around 2pm) and began on the back... I thought I was going to finish with plenty of daylight to spare as people have mentioned that the rears are a POP to install. Was still outside at 5:00pm as I found that when matt_trev had boxed them up for me he had slid the copper tube onto the damper without the washer underneath and I spent literally 2 hours trying to figure out what the hell was going wrong.

The car was up and down and on and off the axel stands constantly until I Pm'd f0xy (Jord) who gave me a few helping pointers and it was finished by 7:00pm. (Well, nearly.)

I then had to get up again at 7:30am to bleed the brakes with the helping leg of the old fella.

I gave it a wash today and went out for a couple of photos. This is the finished result…

DSCF0978.jpg

DSCF1004.jpg

DSCF1008.jpg

I am currently waiting for a front badge to dry and I have primered front bump strips, which I bought off a member on here (sorry I cant remember who). Bullets are then going Glacier white with black lettering.

Updates soon!

(Please can a mod move this to where it should be, v.sorry)

133, 182, Kangoo 182
Looking good... Spacers would make it perfect.

Edit - just seen the end bit. Black+white looks awesome can't wait to see it.

TT 225
Nice :)...got it all sorted then?

Yes mate! thanks for your help. I still need to book in with ATS? for tracking/wheel allignment etc but its not driving any different than it was (apart from a little more stiff lol) still wanna get it booked in though.

Yeah its worth getting it double checked, I though that with my old one so left it and left it and left it and the tyres were chewed eventually

TT 225
Really? I have been keeping an eye on them over the last week (obviously I was shitting myself). I agree that its worth getting them checked over though.

Turbos.
Coilovers make such an epic difference! Not feeling the yellow bits though, the fad has just gone on too long now...

180.5 bhp 172
Looks awesome mate!!! Really good job!!

How much did you lower it by? Im after a set of springs that lower my 1.2 to exactly the height yours is!!!

Thanks,
Nick

TT 225
looks bloody good mate have to give me a shout so i can have a look

Yes will have to give you a shout soon mate. Mini meet FTW!

Looks awesome mate!!! Really good job!!

How much did you lower it by? Im after a set of springs that lower my 1.2 to exactly the height yours is!!!

Thanks,
Nick

I could really tell you what i lowered it by tbh. I would guess around 70-80mm rear and 60mm front? I have FK Highsports

Static Low
somehow i knew you would say thay :rasp: i could if i didnt have speedbumps around college :( more pics tomorro i think.

I hate the speedbumps at college !! They are soo curved and the back of the car always jumps up. just have to crawl over it while everyone stands and stares :p

Static Low
Some man !!

You will be happy to know that ive order custom rear springs 7 then it will be a set of lower profile tyres ! Going to go ridiculous low.

Sorry for taking over the thread adam mate

Static Low
I will get it off work mate. Would be good to meet up again ! See what the beast is pushing out eh.

Looks good that, people sometimes forget just how much of a difference it can make slamming a motor.