ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Black and green ex-extreme 1.2 16v

haha the comment about your sills. I thought mine were bad but mine are showroom condition compared to yours! will have a little look around your car come CSS, if i go :) , ( and if you go! )

haha the comment about your sills. I thought mine were bad but mine are showroom condition compared to yours! will have a little look around your car come CSS, if i go :) , ( and if you go! )

on a serious note mate, they are borked! the previous owner mashed them to sh*t...

and I will be there! :D (already booked it off work ;) )

but as i say hoping some side skirts will hide the mess :p

TT QS
Deco buying those nuts! Car looks lovely clean mate.
And as for sills. Mine are as bad. There's no saving them now lol

PH2 Flamer
Looks brilliant mate, really like what you have done. Id ditch the front tow though.

I reckon its sitting sweet too. Why do you want more lows?

spinksmoothnew.jpg

an edit done by MWright on here to show how the car will look when finished ;)

Jap Box
Love it, only thing I don't like is the bra :(

With the sills my last clios one were a hell of a lot worst than that, went to jack it and the jack just went straight up through the sill because of the rot on there! Got both sides welded the full length of the car for £80, looked loads better afterwards too! :)

Love it, only thing I don't like is the bra :(

With the sills my last clios one were a hell of a lot worst than that, went to jack it and the jack just went straight up through the sill because of the rot on there! Got both sides welded the full length of the car for £80, looked loads better afterwards too! :)

the bra may come off once the bonnet, roof and spoiler are wrapped :)

and I will have to look into that so i can get sideskirts at a later date, did that price include the sills though?

Jap Box
the bra may come off once the bonnet, roof and spoiler are wrapped :)

and I will have to look into that so i can get sideskirts at a later date, did that price include the sills though?

Yep price was metal plates the length of the car, the old rotten ones chopped away and new ones welded on at the seam :)

after opinions guys....

I know I never wanted to make a rep but the front ends from 172 are affordable at current, and there are 2 available in pearl black and it is working out around the same price/slightly cheaper to get a 172 front than it is to get a smoothed phase 3 bumper...

so what are peoples thoughts?

everything else will be staying on track but I'm just debating whether to pay the extra to get the front bumper done (which might not neccessarily turn out like the edits) then get non-sport side skirts at a later stage or get a 172 front end with the side skirts anyway?

just a train of thought atm, but looking to be doing one or the other very soon so need to decide and could do with some help for a resounding opinion

smoothed phase 3 - unique
sport - everyone has em

your choice ;)

haha cheers :p

Smooth it. Everyone who mods a 1.2 does a sport front end. Do something slightly different!

yeah true

You will also need wings and skirts for the 172 front bumper. It's wider then the non sport bumpers.

yeah I know mate, I was meaning the full front end inc wings and skirt still works out roughly the same

already seems to be a resounding vote on the smoothed front end :L so I will stop myself browsing the breaking 172's lol, nearly gave into my urges to finish the car faster and almost became a sheep :eek:

cheers guys for the confirmation, wanting to get the car finished (at least justabout...) over this month and next month ;)

so should be a large update anyway over the next couple of weeks for all the green bits going and the door being finished and fitted, and the wing I still need to finish and fit :/

keep your eyes out guys ;) the sh*tter will soon be balling :cool:

'Mia' Rover Mini 35
Or if you think about it - Buy a perfectly good bumper, strip it, fill it up with filler (or as its normally known, a bodge) and re-paint.

Or fit a better looking part from a sport model.

Or if you think about it - Buy a perfectly good bumper, strip it, fill it up with filler (or as its normally known, a bodge) and re-paint.

Or fit a better looking part from a sport model.

thought about that but would rather pay someone to do it properly...

and I was looking at the sport front end but a few of these guys reminded me why I was modding my car in the first place, I want it to be a one off ;)

right so money allowing the majority of the plans will be done to the car this month ;)

problem I have hit is that the gold on the wheels is a ballache to get a colour match for and Cades are refusing to provide a colour code for it....

so if I fail to get a match tomorrow when I try my last resort I may have to get a different colour scheme :/ really not gunna be happy if that is the case as it means refurbing the wheels will have to be added on the list of jobs before CSS....

anyone have any ideas on a colour that would look nice with the style of the Cades, the black of my car and will be nice enough to stand out and still be unique?

I am f*cking stumped :(

A slightly different shade of gold?

ideally I am after something that would be worth getting the wheels done for (eg something like a lighter shade of cadbury purple)...

and there isn't currently any paint I have been able to find close to the colour of the wheels and the difference in shades if I were to leave the wheels the standard colour would bug the f*ck out of me :/

maybe williams gold at a push?

Last edited:
Green? ;)

I think just a different shade of gold would be fine? Maybe a lighter gold though, although Cadbury purple could look tasty! Photoshop?

honestly mate unless I was to get the wheels painted the same colour as the shade of gold that I would be using it would irritate me on a daily basis :/ and I dont wan't to be paying re-furb money to get the wheels a slightly different shade...

it is all dependant on whether the paint shop I go to tomorrow can mix a match up by eye like they claimed to on the phone :/

I'll have a mess about on ps later if no-one does an edit an post up the options lol

I suppose it would be a bit pointless if they don't actually need a refurb :/ hopefully they will be able to get an acurate match mate

yeah thats way I saw it mate, if I needed to get mine refurbed in the same or close colour I would just buy a new set of the wheels for circa £400 and sell mine on (minus the tyres) to guarantee they are the exact same colour :)

I'm having a play on photoshop atm ;) just got fingers crossed for tomorrow hoping that we get a match by eye

Superleggera'd MK3
How about a dark candy red mate, bet that would look real smart. Failing that, purple looks really smart, think orange and black has been done too much though :)

How about a dark candy red mate, bet that would look real smart. Failing that, purple looks really smart, think orange and black has been done too much though :)

I'm no good at proper edits like Candy colours mate lol, but would look dead smart if someone were to do it ;)

and I would lean most towards the purple or candy red mate as you say :) just got my fingers crossed on the gold being matched properly as it is such a nice colour