ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Black and green ex-extreme 1.2 16v

Finally some decent pics of the car as she currently stands!!!

taken today, excuse the dirt, only cleaned her saturday...

plans left to do stand as remove the rear adjusters and adjust the front coilovers by 10-15mm tops... but that will have to wait until after this last year of uni as we use it for shopping... and the gold bits to do as said before, the front bumper wants smoothing and calipers etc painting black...

I will stick some edits on here of what the completed car should look like once they are done! :)

frontsquare_zps47409c94.jpg

frontcorner_zps3dde5e8b.jpg

front_zpsee3df2b9.jpg

rearquarte_zpsed1dd6fc.jpg

rear_zps4eff6941.jpg

opinions as always guys! :D

Need some silvervisions mate! Plans sound good though.

The cs sticker in the first picture annoys me how its not central. That's just me being picky :p

haha I will get another one at some point and replace it... but I want to make it even less central and add a I<3CS sticker at the side of it... ;)

but until then I try and ignore it lol

waiting on someone to notice my request and do the edits (just needs the smoothing doing now, I did the majority before lol)

KChristmas said:
Needs a wash
smiley2.gif

only had one saturday :( but I will be giving it a good going over some point next week with the Auto Finesse awesomeness ;)

TT QS
this has come SOOOOOOOOO far from that first edit. looking foreword to seeing this as i am seeing my own done haha

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Opinions....stickers, green bits, bonnet bra and tow strap gone.

:cool:

Especially the tow strap. It's not a track car.

Heez

ClioSport Club Member
  Superleggera'd Bean
Exhaust is squint...

Other than that, you've done a good job though. Masses better than the beginning lol!

this has come SOOOOOOOOO far from that first edit. looking foreword to seeing this as i am seeing my own done haha

Opinions....stickers, green bits, bonnet bra and tow strap gone.

:cool:

Especially the tow strap. It's not a track car.

green bits are going, stickers are only CS stickers :p and bonnet bra and tow strap are staying ;)

Exhaust is squint...

Other than that, you've done a good job though. Masses better than the beginning lol!

still not finished :p

This would look nice as a sport rep to finish it off :)

keeping non-sport front end :) may get sport rep skirts at some point though :p

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
It's not a track car :( And there is no practical need for the bonnet bra in England :nono:

TonkaTruck

ClioSport Club Member
  28k Trophy - R1200GS
STILL not sorted the doors and rear bumper yet? :nono:
That would be my first port of call without hesitation.

Looks like a McDonalds car park wet dream. :dead:

Wheels need spacing out id say, especially rears. Same story as my car :p gotta say, although i hate tow straps and bonnet bras, it all seems to suit your car. I like it. Much better then what it started out as. Very nice. :)
Ollie

It's not a track car :( And there is no practical need for the bonnet bra in England :nono:

It doesn't need to be imo, and it suits the car just fine :p

STILL not sorted the doors and rear bumper yet? :nono:
That would be my first port of call without hesitation.

Looks like a McDonalds car park wet dream. :dead:

as soon as i get the money in january these will be the first thing sorted! I have a door but it needs finishing before I can fit it :(

Wheels need spacing out id say, especially rears. Same story as my car :p gotta say, although i hate tow straps and bonnet bras, it all seems to suit your car. I like it. Much better then what it started out as. Very nice. :)
Ollie

I would have to raise the car to space the wheels as they are just inside the arches atm mate :(

When? They should never have been there!

january time! I need monies first...

I could do that now and leave the project 90% done.... (Would remove green and sort door/bumper before sale) or...... I could finish and keep what will be a brilliant car until I can afford something with a bigger engine ;) not being sarcastic mate, just rather finish it and keep it while I save up to get a different car :)

Low and Slow 1.4 16v
glad your getting rid of the green, really doesn't go with black and gold. Not a fan of the exhaust either a ktec stealth would be far better imo. Lose the tints as well would make it look better

right got some edits :D credit to MWright on the front smoothing! I did the colour change so not the best tbh....

anyway!

how she will look from the front:

debating between this...

spinks4_zps9ce5a65a.jpg

and this... (though this has to be my favourite!)

spinks3_zps899b6fd6.jpg

spinks5_zps94149fd9.jpg

and how she will look from the back:

rearquarterfuture_zpsc9faa576.jpg

then just a couple of the number plate in the standard positioning but bumper still smoothed... (think i will definitely move it tbh)

spinks2_zps1b9de181.jpg

spinks11_zps4ec17c05.jpg

Last edited:

Heez

ClioSport Club Member
  Superleggera'd Bean
Meh, get a PH3 or PH4 bumper they both look tonnes better than above. Or a 1*2 front end.

Meh, get a PH3 or PH4 bumper they both look tonnes better than above. Or a 1*2 front end.

pics? I'm sure the only difference between my standard bumper and the standard phase 3 is the lower grille... the clio campus (sure that is the phase 4) is not that appealing to me tbh, I don't think they looked that nice...

also as mentioned mate I don't want a sport front end :/

Heez

ClioSport Club Member
  Superleggera'd Bean
NOVENTSBLACK.jpg

Scuse the crude shop.

I'm not sure, needs something to break it up IMO.

NOVENTSBLACK.jpg

Scuse the crude shop.

I'm not sure, needs something to break it up IMO.

that is what I am aiming for with the smoothing... just placement of the number plate to break it up is the only thing I am not sure on... though I think it looks best at the bottom, what would you say to break it up?

Heez

ClioSport Club Member
  Superleggera'd Bean
I think MrHardie had it right leaving the vent but if it was done on a PH3 bumper it would be proper! So basically the below but with Diamond and vent.

clio5.jpg

Hate smoothing, especially on a clio front bumper. It completely removes all the lines from the car and makes it look like a stuck on blob.

I wouldn't paint anything gold either.

Arctic 182FF
I think spacers should be your priority before fannying about with the front bumper personally. You've got some awesome wheels there and they're hidden away in the arches! There's easily room for 15mm back and 10mm front if you're worried about rubbing the arches. Although I do think that smoothing would look good if you keep the front diamond, I like the photoshop done by heez. Forget doing bullets, badges etc in gold. Just leave the wheels to stand out on their own. Or alternatively; lose the clio badge and just have the rear diamond and the bit behind the front diamond in gold. It was way too busy with all that green going on before, don't do the same with the gold.

I think MrHardie had it right leaving the vent but if it was done on a PH3 bumper it would be proper! So basically the below but with Diamond and vent.

clio5.jpg

Anyone got a link to more pictures to this or something? Not seen it before..

I think spacers should be your priority before fannying about with the front bumper personally. You've got some awesome wheels there and they're hidden away in the arches! There's easily room for 15mm back and 10mm front if you're worried about rubbing the arches. Although I do think that smoothing would look good if you keep the front diamond, I like the photoshop done by heez. Forget doing bullets, badges etc in gold. Just leave the wheels to stand out on their own. Or alternatively; lose the clio badge and just have the rear diamond and the bit behind the front diamond in gold. It was way too busy with all that green going on before, don't do the same with the gold.

seriously dude as I said I would have to raise the car up to put spacers on... can't get my finger between the side wall and arches with it as is (and my fingers aren't 15mm thick, if I were to space it out it would have to be raised enough so there was clearance between the top of the tyre and the arches :(

and I'm losing half the colour:black ratio as it is removing half the green back to black... surely the edit of the rear and the little round the front badge wouldn't be that bad?

Arctic 182FF
seriously dude as I said I would have to raise the car up to put spacers on... can't get my finger between the side wall and arches with it as is (and my fingers aren't 15mm thick, if I were to space it out it would have to be raised enough so there was clearance between the top of the tyre and the arches :(

and I'm losing half the colour:black ratio as it is removing half the green back to black... surely the edit of the rear and the little round the front badge wouldn't be that bad?
Pictures must be deceiving as it looks like there's loads of room. Not a fan of the gold bumper insert on the back; it's your car though, you don't tend to do things in half measures really :p

I'll make a list of what I would do if it was a Black/Gold theme :cool:
  • Back bumper insert = Pearl Black
  • Bullets = Gold
  • Front/Back Diamond & "Clio" on boot= Gold
  • Front Diamond Background = Black
  • Spacers for the rear wheels
  • Colour code the front bumper inserts or 182/172 Front w/ meggy splitter
  • Colour code door handles
  • Gold calipers and Black rear drums
  • Remove green stickers
  • Straighten exhaust and get a surround
  • Good clean