ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Black and green ex-extreme 1.2 16v

I like Enkei, I guess.OZ, Enkei, Fondmetal.The trilogy of awesome motorsport wheels.Also, they look smart as ferk.Anyway, what kind of question is that, you ask CS why it's so insistent on Turinis and see how long it takes for you to get points ;)
No offence meant mate, was just curious :) I'm looking at a set of OZ superT's as temp wheels until I can find something extra special ;) what are fondmetal like for looks and prices? Any pics of some nice fondmetal?

Joe#

ClioSport Club Member
You could have had them set up properly when you had your tracking done and you wouldn't have knackered your tyres.
When I had them on my 1.2, the next day I was down at my local place and had them done properly, camber, tracking etc. Cost £50 iirc.
I was always told to let them settle a bit, say a few hundred miles. Then get the car properly set up.

I'm still on the look out for wheels for you too ;)

a few pictures from today still got a list of jobs to do but will edge slowly closer when money allows.... (tax, mot, service and insurance all come out on payday otherwise there would be more progress...)

finished sanding and buffing the bumper but ended with 2 patches where i had sanded too far :( will get these sorted when i have time and money to get the bumper sorted professionaly, the hinge on my current passengerrs door (due to be replaced once painted) is breaking at the welds so need to get the door done asap, the wing is waiting for a top coat and still not found a bumper... :/

anyway pics: (as usual comment away)

7875744064_a716002157.jpg

DSC_0565 by sophyleanne, on Flickr

7875751802_eec79e0124.jpg

DSC_0549 by sophyleanne, on Flickr

7875759214_ba052d58ed.jpg

DSC_0494 by sophyleanne, on Flickr

7875764328_d2f69c9499.jpg

DSC_0461 by sophyleanne, on Flickr

7875771548_a415c881a0.jpg

DSC_0374 by sophyleanne, on Flickr

TT QS
It's looking smart. Personally I hate them, so I'm biased. But the tints make it look like a van. I do like everything else just not them lol

Apart from my little hate on tints it's looking nice man

Thanks man :) I'll be fixing everything apart from the front bumper and engine knock sensor (apparantly its not working right) around payday! Then next to do is get some temporary wheels (like I said looking at SuperT's atm and hoping they don't sell before I get the money on the 19th of september :/ then I'll probs be getting rid of my current wheels and use the money from that to find and smooth a front bumper ;) then that only leaves the carbon wrapping and some special wheels to keep on it forever ;) (I'm looking into carbon wrapping it myself as the spoiler and bonnet shouldn't be too hard.. But I need to find out how to do the roof)

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
key to getting a good finish is prep.

nice key to work with scotch pad ( or now its painted say 800 gritt . take it all the way back ) , then wipe down with a prep wipe, followed by a tac cloth. try to do this all in a ' clean ' enviroment working area to redcue the chances of spoiling the finish

primer : 1 dust layer of primer, 2 layers of primer ontop of that, flatt it back abit. ( high build primer if using low grit sand paper as a key , plastic primer aswell! )

colour : then a dust coat of choosen colour, then followed by another two coats or colour. ( 15mins bettween coats )

laquer : now the tricky part of ' shiney finish ' 3 layers of laquer, one light coat then another light coat, and then hit it with a heavy coat of laquer ( careful not to make it run )

leave 15mins in bettween all coats

let all dry for say 24hrs. flat back or peal the orange peal off if you get it , say with 1500 wet and dry, then work your way upto 2500 wet and dry. polish up and done. ( soak the sheets of wet and dry in warm mildly soapy water ) and try to sand in straight even pressured lines, swirl motions will only give you pig tails ( painters terms for swirls but deeper usually caulsed by da sanders or low grit sand paper )

halfords laquer will do the job, i have had great results , just shake the can like hell, and be careful appying it.
tac cloths and prep wipes can be found at halfords aswell.

hope this helps :)

Thanks man :) the problem I had with the bumper was the lacquer, I did 3 coats, 1 dust and 2 heavy (which is probably why I had orange peel) so fixed it and the is just 2 patches where I flatted too far but I'll either get the bumper done properly or get one of those smart repairs done :/ any hints or tips on priming metal mate?

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
NP dude :)

same applys really, altho doing metal, use metal primer ( etching primer ( sp ) ) and dont go to low of a grit on metal surfaces, b**ch to get the scratches out. sometimes resulting in the paint settling over time and the scratches appear.

if you take it easy tho , you can go far wrong.

Very similar to what I'm going for :) (iv got a few tweaks to make including smoothed non-sport bumper) but I'm not over keen on the wheels... I like the green centre and polished lip but I'm not keen on the style of the spokes... If I were to get some wheels powdercoated (say Rota grid V's) how would I go about getting the lip polished?

Ash.

North West
ClioSport Area Rep
That was a epic car think it was a lad called dutty or something like that....

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Just why???

It looks horrific. Go with a ph2 172 bumper, maybe even a trophy spoiler (suits black well).

Personally spinksy, I'd go with either some awesome, deep 15" wheels, or some 16" Rota grids, as they're the only 16's I'd fit.

I had Cades Eros wheels on my old phase one and they were proper cheap/dished and looked OK.

I has the phase 2 172 bumper fitted lol and its staying ;) looking into spoilers a little later on when the car is just about finished :) I'm loving the grids, and deep dish rims always look amazing :D does anyone know how to carbon wrap the roof properly? As I'm gunna hopefully get some wrap near christmas and its the only bit I don't know how to do :/ the bonnet and spoiler should be straight forward :)

Listerine & Poledo
Campus bumper and hatch?

Just why???

It looks horrific.

You've got your melodrama on today Rob. I like the smooth hatch of the campus, but then you need to put a numberplate somewhere.
Ideally, I'd say 172 bumper and Campus hatch... if that was doable.. where would you put your reg?

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Campus bumper and hatch?

You've got your melodrama on today Rob. I like the smooth hatch of the campus, but then you need to put a numberplate somewhere.
Ideally, I'd say 172 bumper and Campus hatch... if that was doable.. where would you put your reg?

H'exactly.

The campus boot looks.... a bit max power when teamed with anything other than a campus bumper, which looks like someone crashed into the back of the car and happened to have a back to front number plate attached to their car.

Haha its cool I know how to take the sunroof out its the edges of the roof that are confusing me as there isn't a lot to 'tuck' it under at the edges

You'll have to remove the roof rack things first, this gives you an idea. Then you need to get under the windscreen seal, then you need to remove the spoiler to give good access back there. It's not easy, but doable with A LOT of patience. Personally I'd pay to have the roof done.