ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

bit of polish???????

kic

former 1.2 16v, now corsa
doin a u turn in a layby, fair enough i crossed the wrong side of the road but at what speed does the van i hit have to be doing to skid round sideways ON A STRAIGHT ROAD and smash into my drivers side,

DSC00168Large.jpg

kic

barley anything on the van, few dents and scrapes possible rear light

Mito Sportiva 135
Nuts! Unlucky mate, at least your ok though and the insurance will have you back on the road before long...

kic

hope it aint written off as thats my worst case, impact wasn't really that hard didn't even deploy airbags hoping for the best here

Megane 225
03 Dynamique worth about 2700 bottom book? Prob looking at about 1700-2000 to fix that. They'll write it off!

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
it may well be BUT to say "blatent write off is wrong, im in a wind everyone up mood today trying to pass the last 40 mins

Megane 225
New wing £25
Bumper £140
Slam Panel £70
Grill £40
Bonnet £130
Bumper Bar £160
Light £75
Splash Guard £25

There's £600 of parts I can c need replaced.

Paint 3.5 Panels at £250 per panel

£875

Repair behind wing and fitting allow £300

£1775

I did less damage to the 172 last sat and it's costing £2180 to fix! It was borderline and bottom book on it is £3800

kic

also kiccy boys excess here is a whopping £850!!!!!! soooooooo i'm sure insurance would rather pay £1500 at the most on top of that than give me £2700 book price stated above, am just trying to find wee glimmers of hope for my grey machine

Renault 5 GT Turbo
Ouch £850 excess.... never have anything over £100 myself....

TBh if it is written off and its not to badly damaged buy it back and repair.... When rebuilding a car you dont need brand new genuine parts that most insurance companies use....

Megane 225
Ouch £850 excess.... never have anything over £100 myself....

TBh if it is written off and its not to badly damaged buy it back and repair.... When rebuilding a car you dont need brand new genuine parts that most insurance companies use....

Yep, def, offer them at most a grand for it, fix it and keep it!

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
I did less damage to the 172 last sat and it's costing £2180 to fix! It was borderline and bottom book on it is £3800

Parts are gonna be more for yours tho aint they so it not really a fair compareson. I think it will be steep mate but they wont write it off

Megane 225

Parts are gonna be more for yours tho aint they so it not really a fair compareson. I think it will be steep mate but they wont write it off

only part that was dearer was the front bumper. Everything else is the same. And I didnt have to replace the wing. Mine needed 2 xenon headlights tho. But if you look at my post properly I did a price for the parts (I can c from the photo) need replaced!

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
oh i know i wasnt questioning that just sayin that you were comparing a 172 to a 1.2 (is it?) there bound to be a fair difference in price

Megane 225
oh i know i wasnt questioning that just sayin that you were comparing a 172 to a 1.2 (is it?) there bound to be a fair difference in price

Yea, just not going to be quite as expensive, but there won't be a huge lot in it. I'll be very surprised if they pay to fix it as it's well over 50% of the price of the car to fix?!

kic

99.999999999999 % WRITE OF HERES WHY

IF WRITE OFF

APPROX BOOK PRICE £3000
MY EXCESS £850
TOTAL INSURANCE PAY OUT £2150

IF TO BE REPAIRED

APPROX COST OF REPAIRS £1500
APPROX RECOVERY & IMPOUND £200
THE 1ST £850 I WOULD PAY
TOTAL COST OF REPAIRS £ 850

THINK INSURERS WILL BE OUT OF POCKET IF THERE GIVING ME TOP FIGURE OVER BOTTOM?????????????

DONT BE SO F**KIN STUPID

I STILL HAVE TO PAY £940 TO MY INSURANCE FOR THE REST OF THIS YEAR, THEY GET MY EXCESS £850 + ANY MONEY THEY MAKE FROM CAR I.E. SALVAGE OR AUCTION APPROX £1000

TOTAL FOR INSURANCE APPROX £2700
TOTAL FOR KICCY £2150
INSURANCE PROFITS £550

ALSO THE POSSIBLITY AND RISK OF ME CLAIMING AGAIN THIS YEAR

ONE WORD

C*NTS

kic

the estimates were getting carried out today, insurance company tolld me its "looking" like a total loss but will let me know for sure within 48 hours, got some valuations any less than 3000 aint worth it imo, i'm paying £1763.03 a year for a car i bought for £3500 which was current market value only 3 months ago, if i lowered the market value on the insurance of the car my premium lowered so why should i accept any less??? not having a go at you personally mate just insurance is piss

Mondeo ST220
Good luck with it all. I know from experience they can be suprisingly expensive cars when it comes to fixing what looks quite minor.

Renault 5 GT Turbo
£1700 fully comp? With £850 excess?? WTF?

I dont think i would have bothered going fully comp and lowered the exces... or lowered the excess... paid a slightly higher premium.....

Unfortuanlty when you have a claim you will always be upset with the out come.

kic

yup, always going to lose out but i've got the remainder of finance and insurance to clear off possibly at early settlement rates so ia'm tryin my best to get what i'm owed!!!!

kic

yup £1700 + £850 excess.

thats only with basic extras, legal aid, windscreen cover,

NO COURTESY CAR or drive other cars, breakdown cover etc

Megane 225
yup £1700 + £850 excess.

thats only with basic extras, legal aid, windscreen cover,

NO COURTESY CAR or drive other cars, breakdown cover etc

That is ridiculous!!!! Who's that through? From that quote/excess they've already shafted you. Just make sure they don't try to do it again!!!!

kic

still waiting mate, theres a chance it could be a 50/50 blame claim! which i think could save it, garage is closed until tuesday, really pissing me off as if it does get wrote off basically i'am fu*cked i guess £2000 in debt that i personally would like cleared by october this year so i can get back on the road, meaning social life and events this year are cancelled, this old driving games an expensive business:dapprove: