ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bilstein b14 on 200

Rs 200
Hey guys,

Is anyone running Bilstein B14's on a 200??

What's the ride like?

I'm basically wanting to take the arch gap out of the car and for price of new standard shocks and lowering springs I'm not far off these so thinking may assess go for the B14's unless people Have reservations??

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
I'm on cup shocks and h&r springs. It's a very good combo, and also offers a nice ride height reduction.
IMG_3160.PNG

Renault Clio RS Cup
I'm on cup shocks and h&r springs. It's a very good combo, and also offers a nice ride height reduction.View attachment 184599

Are you also running spacers? That seems a popular route, I've looked at a few combinations such as the set up you've got with the H&R springs.

The biggest problem is I see something, like it add it to my list and something else equally as good comes along! (I'm sure I'm not the only one).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Are you also running spacers? That seems a popular route, I've looked at a few combinations such as the set up you've got with the H&R springs.

The biggest problem is I see something, like it add it to my list and something else equally as good comes along! (I'm sure I'm not the only one).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah it's on 20mm h&r spacers front and rear mate.

Lol! Yeah I know what you're saying! I've just had a full set of ds2500's from GeorgeRTR on here, not because I needed them, but because I'd decided I wanted them all round! 🙈
The pads that are fitted are still like brand new! Flol

Rs 200
Anything bilstein will give good handling and ride tbh mate. From what I've read, they're slightly harsher than the oem cup pack spring/damper combo, but nothing horrendous.

There's a few guys over on 197.net that run them, and @cliosport-carl runs them iirc?
Thanks for your thoughts using RPD cup shocks are £420 then a set of h&r's are £115 (total £535) and the b14 kit is on ktec for £683 I was totally sold on the b14's until a friend that runs a garage started knocking coilovers earlier and made me think maybe best to ask pool that have run the kit on the cars......

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Thanks for your thoughts using RPD cup shocks are £420 then a set of h&r's are £115 (total £535) and the b14 kit is on ktec for £683 I was totally sold on the b14's until a friend that runs a garage started knocking coilovers earlier and made me think maybe best to ask pool that have run the kit on the cars......
Well I'd get a quote from renault Wolverhampton as well personally mate. They may be cheaper....
Coilovers ain't as bad as your mate is making them out to be buddy, trust me. You may just get a few knocks from them that's all.