ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bilstein B14 best setup

sam55

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182 FF
I'm fitting a set of Bilstein B14s this weekend and wondered if anyone had a good recommendation for what height to run a car at.
I'm taking the car (it's sat on 16in Speedline Turinis) on track next month but most of its life is spent on B-roads, so I'm looking for a good fast road setup (so not something ultra low).
To save me going back and forth and help me get a head start, anyone got an idea of a decent starting point for that? I'm thinking just a tad lower than standard with 1.5 degrees of negative camber up front.
Any help is much appreciated!
S

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
BE1D5102-F149-4AF7-9721-1CF6B1EB968B.png
Not on b14’s, H&r springs. But this works well for me

sam55

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182 FF
Thanks mate. Guessing you're running your car with rear shims to get the negative camber at the back?

dan's cast offs.
Rear with the adjuster wound just about fully down and on the front 80mm of thread to the bottom of the lock ring.

Should get you just about sorted.

sam55

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182 FF
@MrBlonde Looks awesome. My B14s are on now and set slightly higher. I can't believe how good the ride is - all the crashiness of the standard setup has gone.

MrBlonde

ClioSport Club Member
I set mine up so it just sits level with the top of the tyres,maybe more once in the car and full tank of petrol.
I did have to do some mods to the front inner arches by the way.
IMG_1454.JPG

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
I'm getting my b14s fitted next week and will showing the garage @MrBlonde pictures of his as a guide to how I want mine setup. Also I was thinking of getting pms top mounts fitted at the same time. Seems like an ideal time to do it. Is it worth getting the pms brace as well?

MrBlonde

ClioSport Club Member
I didn't know that with the B14's you can adjust the camber slightly, so got this done when I had the alignment done.

I'm thinking about getting a pair of solid top mounts at some point to after I've had the bodywork done.

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
They mentioned camber bolts are prone to moving when fitted with the b14s?

Here's mine.

With 70mm thread, and on 40 profile tyres, I was catching my old Skoda splitter too much and also the exhaust... I will be raising it a bit as it doesn't drive that well either.

The rear's have the adjusters all the way down, and still doesn't sit as low as it did with H&R Coilovers with adjusters all the way down. I think the Bilstein springs looked a little bigger. I may try removing the adjustment ring and see how it looks and bring the front up to 80mm thread.

20161020_150108.jpg
20161018_142510.jpg
20161019_184146.jpg
20161020_140723.jpg

20170122_125210.jpg

20170122_165232.jpg

20170122_165334.jpg

sam55

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182 FF
That's lovely^
So the B14s are on and I just did a trackday at Castle Combe. They are brilliant, and the car rides lovely on the road

ripp

ClioSport Club Member
  182 FFAT
Hi, I'm about to fit a set of b14's and noticed that the rear spring adjustment collars have no lock in place screw. Don't they move out of position while driving?

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Hi, I'm about to fit a set of b14's and noticed that the rear spring adjustment collars have no lock in place screw. Don't they move out of position while driving?
Don't run the adjuster. The height is so much better without

ripp

ClioSport Club Member
  182 FFAT
Don't run the adjuster. The height is so much better without
It's a daily driven car, I'm not a fan of slammed cars especially on bad roads, oversized speed bumps etc. Plus if I run it that low on the rear I'll have to lower it on the front as well and it will scrub on the arches, hit the bump stops. Been there done that 10 years ago.

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
It's a daily driven car, I'm not a fan of slammed cars especially on bad roads, oversized speed bumps etc. Plus if I run it that low on the rear I'll have to lower it on the front as well and it will scrub on the arches, hit the bump stops. Been there done that 10 years ago.
I drive mine daily and do not scrape, even with people in the back. Its definitely not slammed.

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
That one above looks mega in white.

Mine is on b14s, still got rear adjusters in. Stock top mounts up front.

No idea on height, i raised one side on the front to level it, driver side iirc as when i got it it was a bit on the piss.
20230412_131717.jpg

Bankrupt_drunk

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Anyone had any issues with knocking struts on their B14s? I've got a knock from the rear right, and the only thing I haven't changed is the strut.