ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bike Just Went Into The Back Of The Clio..

Jb.

Mk2 Ph2 Non-Sport
I had an exam at college at 12.30 today. It was 12:00 and I had plenty of time to get in on time, I was hoping to get a space on the road along the front of the college, drove up and there where no spaces, turned right onto a junction, turned round at the end of the road, and came back to the junction to turn left towards college again. As usual I looked in every direction to make sure I knew what was around me - several cars coming from the left on the opposite side of the road, absolutely nothing on my right for as far as I could see (appox 175 yards) So I pulled out and carried on down, a taxi was stopped on my side of the road next to college, so I stopped a safe distance behind as there was several cars coming my way after about 10 seconds the taxi indicated right and pulled away, I started to move away with him from a safe distance. I spotted a space on the right about 15 yards away, there was no traffic coming my way, I cant of been going any faster than 15mph more likely 10mph. I put my right indicator on, checked my mirror and moved over to the other side of the road to get into the space, no harsh braking whatsoever . Next thing I know BANG looked in my mirror and could see something had gone straight into the back of me. (my first thoughts where that someone had thrown something at my car.) I got into the parking space, got out and there was a motorbike laying on the floor and a guy in full biker gear starting to stand up. Firstly i made sure he was not injured and asked him a couple more times during the conversation that we had. He had said that he was about to overtake me and the taxi infront, seen my indicators and my brake lights, and slammed on his front brake and gone over the front. His helmet had hit my boot but not the bike.
So i'm thinking the only reason he had to brake to harsh was because he must of started to gained enough speed to overtake, and been too close to me.
Anyway we started talking about what had happened, and the damage that was caused.
This was the first incident that I have been in, I was in slight shock and stupidly didn't take any of his details, I asked him if he wanted my mobile number and he said "no, I have your number plate if I need it" But he was only remembering this in his head.
Off he went, I have none of his details, he apparently has my reg. The damage to his bike was a few scrapes from the road on one side. The damage to the clio was a dent in the boot where his helmet hit.
I guess I just wait to see if he tries to go through insurance or just leaves it.
Any advice on what to do now? (If there is anything)

Why would he go through insurance and not you?

You're the one that should be claiming. You should have got his details. It wasn't your fault.

RB 182
from what i got from reading this is that he has gone into the back of you... making it his fault surly? i just want to clear this up

dam you revels...

MK2 PH2 1.2 16V
He's in the wrong and you're not going to be able to claim because he's driven off because he knows he was in the wrong.

172 turbo 'cup'
You should be claiming off him he hit the back of you while trying to over take you and the taxi if the law had seen what happened he would be getting done but now you've been done cause you will have to pay for your car to be repaired all ways get there details name reg phone number and insurance company there with

Jb.

Mk2 Ph2 Non-Sport
I was a plonker for not getting any details, I was a bit shaken up and wasn't thinking straight, was thinking the worst like the fact that it would of ended up being my fault for not being aware. Looking back I've cocked it up. Damage isn't too bad, I may be able to push it out, if not is £100 at most to get repaired.

RB 182
tbh if it is that cheap to repair then it is probably best to not go through insurance company anyway... im guessing your young as your at college to that would send your premium up next year anyways :)

Jb.

Mk2 Ph2 Non-Sport
I'm 18 so that would probably affect my premium. Thanks for the good replies :)

Sounds like that may well end up a 50/50 anyway so don't worry about it. New boot lid from the scrappers. Worst case.

Jb.

Mk2 Ph2 Non-Sport
Exam was okay, the whole time it was all running through my head though.
Just managed to push half of the dents out but can't seem to get the last bits. A small slit in the paint is there aswell which is a bummer.
Any advice on getting rid of scratches too big for tcut as I have a few around the car including stone chips.

If you're happy to leave it then I wouldn't worry about it.

At the very best he'd get 50/50 if he tried to claim off you. Generally speaking if Person A runs in the back of Person B then it's Person A who gets fucked. Doesn't really matter what B was doing - In the eyes of the insurers it's A's fault.