ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

BIGGER ALLOYS WITH STRAIGHT SWAP??

1.2 Clio MK2 2005
I have a mk2 2005 5dr clio currently running on 14 inch wheels. I want to buy alloys and seen alot of 15inch 172s on ebay quite cheap.

Could I straight swap them over without changing anything?

Thanks

Mec 350 slk manual
I have a mk2 2005 5dr clio currently running on 14 inch wheels. I want to buy alloys and seen alot of 15inch 172s on ebay quite cheap.

Could I straight swap them over without changing anything?

Thanks
mastermelon why don't you become a member and then you could ask the non sports guys on the forum I could save you £pounds

1.2 Clio MK2 2005
You 100% sure? I wouldnt have to fiddle with wheel arches, spacers, doesnt affect full lock, centre hub all the same?

Ive heard it messes up the gears, and the speedo, sorry for all the questions but you probably know more than I do

mikeh

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy
When going for a larger wheel size, you generally reduce tyre sidewall size to keep the rolling radius constant.

Most 15s will be fitted with 195/50/15 tyres, which should be correct for your car, so there will be almost no impact on your speedo or gearing.

If they are genuine Renault clio wheels they all use the same fitment.

You could even get the 16" sport wheels and they'd fit fine.

Im im not sure how much difference they'd make to the speedo going up from 14"s though.