ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

BIGASH/FF-Racing X85 Clio Cup Racer Project

clio cup
Great re entry into ,the racing James, I did pop over just before race one but you seemed busy so left you alone, I'm sure we'll have a chat at a meeting in the future.

Well done fella. credit to your hard work over winter

Clio 172
As I said on FB James very well done and all the credit is yours, you rebuilt your car from the ground up and then drove the wheels of it. Very well deserved and I hope you have a cheshire cat sized grein across your face today.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Results, for those of us stuck in Morocco please :)

Qualifying

James
Ian
Tony

Race 1
Ian
James
Tony

Race 2
Ian
James
Tony

Seemed to be nothing in it on the straights between James and Tony which surprised me, as James's car currently is:
Not making particuarly good power
Down on torque as its 421 on standard marks with no dephasor
Quite a bit heavier cage than Tony
Heavier driver by about 70kg than Tony

So I was expecting to see Tony pulling quite a lot on the straight, so I dont know if he maybe has an engine or map issue?

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
Sounds like some good racing! Congrats all, and I'm glad all the hard work and patience paid off James.

Hunter - you been eating too much of Sam/Petes cake? :) You'll look like me soon, true athlete ;)

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
First race was really brilliant to watch, Ian was clearly gaining on James after James got a better start and tried to take James at Gerrards having got the inside line and James just kept his foot in, and took the outside line and managed to come out on top, then they had another go next lap and Ian got through, it was pretty interesting stuff.

2nd race though was a lot less eventful, still good close racing, but nothing massively dramatic like that happening, and on both races once it was Ian-James-Tony as the order it never for a second looked like that would change, it was just a procession from that point really, more traffic might have made things more intresting but there wasnt a huge number of cars out for a 1.3 miles or so track so they spent a lot of time in fresh air.

Good to see you again yesterday pal. The car is a credit to you, and the attention to detail is fantastic.
Let me know what that qualifying footage is like :p

I had a good day, apart from one driver thinking I was Barrichello and he was Schumacher when he tried to put me in to the pit wall. :mad:

Thanks everyone for all the nice words and sorry for the slow reply first time i've got on my computer since Wednesday! Really happy with how everything went, plenty of little tweaks to make and time still to come but no real rush :) I have made a start on the write up and video's so will hopefully get those up in the next couple of days.

Fantastic race weekend, it was a pleasure to race with you, hopefully we can have some more door to door stuff now that we know one another, roll on Cadwell!
Thanks Ian likewise really enjoyed it and also enjoyed just watching back the race 1 video :) (Race 2 the battery was flat :() Unfortunately can't afford to do Cadwell but its local so i'm coming along to watch so see you then!

Just found the TV coverage of the races from the weekend so if anyone want to watch before it's broadcast onto Motors TV later in the month then have a watch :)

Race 1 starts 29 mins into the video
http://new.livestream.com/accounts/1426300/events/2275824/videos/26304107

Race 2 starts 1hr 15mins into the video
http://new.livestream.com/accounts/1426300/events/2275824/videos/26309195

You might need to register for an account but its only a matter of email and name :)

Thanks
James

Also a few pictures from the French Trophy Photographer really great photos so thanks to him for sharing them :)

file_zps920a15a5.jpg

file_zps81d171b5.jpg

Me taking the OAP's on a day out :quiet: :rasp:
file_zps9f0837ad.jpg

Attachments

• 9440499918_217eb6bbdc_b.jpg
    9440499918_217eb6bbdc_b.jpg
    274.9 KB · Views: 54
Great photos, looking forward to watching the footage today.

What happened to the corner of your front bumper James? Looks bent/odd in the photo of you coming round the corner.. Or is it just me?

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
His bumper really does have nothing to it now, when I was fitting the new mount I was making for re-enforcing his top mount I leant on the bumper slightly with my leg in the middle and it just folded out the way, lol

Yes looking at all the pictures the bumper is a little on the flexible side lol!

Still sorting the video's so the writeup isn't finished yet but the video battery died just on the outlay of the 2nd race so no footage of that race :(

Just booked the Renaultsport trackday at Oulton Park on the 21st of this month the car will be there and have a passenger seat so come over and say hi and jump in for a few laps if you fancy :)