ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

best way of getting windows on my MBP

306 TD Slut
I never thought id be asking this, or doing this, but i need to try and get windows installed on my machine.

Could someone with experience of doing this tell me the best/most economical way of doing this?

Thanks.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
You can 'Boot Camp' it which is free, and gives you the option at start up to go into OS X or Windows.

Or you can buy Parallels or other software, where you run a virtual Windows machine on your OS X .. So Windows is essentially a program running in the background, IYSWIM.

Depends what you want it for ?!

I've lasted 18 months without Windows in my life (excluding work!) and can't see a reason for it needing to come back :cool:

306 TD Slut
I mainly need it for website development, viewing sites in IE etc.. also i need to be able to view .aspx files easily..

Virtual box is free however i use VMware Fusion. You can run windows apps in unity view so you can just run IE without having to go through the windows interface.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
We use parallels and VMware at work, VMware has one killer feature which I absolutely cannot live without...linked clones.

Although fusion doesn't let you create them within the GUI (which Workstation does), it does fully support them. Install windows once and create virtual machines from a snapshot.

This means you can create clones of a fresh installation at the drop of a hat and they don't take up much space as they use the snapshot as the base and only store the delta from that.

Also parallels seems to always start out VM's in coherance even though everywhere we tell it not too, that's f**king annoying.

306 TD Slut
Cheers for the input, ive installed parallels, just need to course a copy of XP, should be sorted by the end of the week. Thanks.