ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Best size spacers

evo 6rs/clio 172
Hi i am running stock 182 alloys
Planning to run cooksport lowering springs with camber bolts
What mm spacers can you run on the frt and rear without causing any problems
Cheers

Ph1
H&R's website shows you how to measure wheels per size of spacer needed but probably just as easy to search on here of what folk are running

evo 6rs/clio 172
I keep reading sizes on the rear and frt
I reckon i might try 10mm rear and 15mm frt as don't want any rubbing issues
Who sells them
Cheers

Italian 3.2 V6
With 15" (195/45 tyres) wheels and a offset of et38, you don't want to exceed 15mm on the front, 5mm on the rear. Any more = rubbing issues.

So with you 16's and a offset of et45 (iirc), you could maybe get away with 20mm on the front, 10mm on the rear without any rubbing issues.

evo 6rs/clio 172
Cheers piers
Can you buy 10mm hubcentric or would it have to be 10mm spacers then longer studs
cheers

172 Track Car
I believe 10mm spacers involves grinding down the spigot rings a bit and then getting some 15mm hubcentric skimmed down.

Cup In bits
Just grind down the spigot on the hubs or rear disks and buy FK automotive 10mm hub centric spacers if that's the width your needing. Just done it this week with 10mm's after they came and wouldn't fit, iirc 16mm hub centric spacers are the smallest you can fit to a standard Clio.

2004 Clio RS 182
I run 20mm fk's up front and 15mm rears.

Car is cooksport springs and standard 16's.

Only get slight rubbing at the front on full lock.

172 Track Car
With 15" (195/45 tyres) wheels and a offset of et38, you don't want to exceed 15mm on the front, 5mm on the rear. Any more = rubbing issues.

So with you 16's and a offset of et45 (iirc), you could maybe get away with 20mm on the front, 10mm on the rear without any rubbing issues.

So with an ET48 wheel and a 205/50r15 tyres you'd recommend not going more than 20mm front and 10mm rear?

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Just grind down the spigot on the hubs or rear disks and buy FK automotive 10mm hub centric spacers if that's the width your needing. Just done it this week with 10mm's after they came and wouldn't fit, iirc 16mm hub centric spacers are the smallest you can fit to a standard Clio.

I managed to find these on fk's website.

http://www.carparts-tuning.co.uk/en...or-Renault-Clio-Typ-B-C57-3-Typ-R-tuning.html

Remembering that that's a total of 26mm so 13mm either side. Any good for the rears?

Last edited:
  PH2 172 & 182

thats not quite true. im running 195/50/15 tyres on ET36 wheels (Renault Turbines), lowered on Eibach Sportlines and with no camber bolts, I've just fitted 25mm front and 15mm rear. no rubbing whatsoever, remarkably

Cup In bits
iirc that's not a deep enough hub centric spacer to clear the disks spigot, no big problem when you can just grind them down a little. I wouldn't personally fit any spacer that wasn't hub centric unless it was circa 5mm.

Whether it will be suitable with your wheel/tyre and suspension package im not sure as I don't know what you have.

172 Track Car
thats not quite true. im running 195/50/15 tyres on ET36 wheels (Renault Turbines), lowered on Eibach Sportlines and with no camber bolts, I've just fitted 25mm front and 15mm rear. no rubbing whatsoever, remarkably

Do you have any pictures? Also this is about cooksports not sportlines :p

Cup In bits

Depends what suspension and ride height I guess but I would think you could get away with more than 5mm in the rear in 15".

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
I run 2118s with a et43 offset. Looking at getting a stud kit in a few months and hubcentric spacers to suit but its a right ball ache to find the right ones! I would have though that I don't new bolt to hub type as they'll just slide over the studs and be clamped up by te wheels but looking for around 15mm fronts and 10mm ish rears is quite hard!

Cup In bits
I run 2118s with a et43 offset. Looking at getting a stud kit in a few months and hubcentric spacers to suit but its a right ball ache to find the right ones! I would have though that I don't new bolt to hub type as they'll just slide over the studs and be clamped up by te wheels but looking for around 15mm fronts and 10mm ish rears is quite hard!

You should be fine with your plans, not the wildest possible width but I don't see the point on a daily when you run the risk of scrubbing which is very annoying (for me anyway)

Just buy from FK as there priced reasonably and you can then grind your hub spigots down (5 minute job) Its easier to use a stud kit and then slide on hub centric spacers of your choice tbh, that's why I just ordered PMS kit as I spent too long looking for the right bolts to suit each spacer. Anything over 15mm spacer then I would recommend bolt to hub type as there is too much thread unsupported which ain't good.

Cup In bits
I had these fk spacers on the rear of mine.
They were like f**king poppadoms.
Not flat at all. Wouldn't buy fks again tbh

I disagree, I have 4 x 10mm spacers and the quality is very good (Usual German quality)

No disrespect but I would say I'm in a better place to judge quality.

Ph1 172 (titanium)
I disagree, I have 4 x 10mm spacers and the quality is very good (Usual German quality)

No disrespect but I would say I'm in a better place to judge quality.

I must have had an unlucky batch then.
Mine literally wouldn't sit flat on the hub. No matter what was tried.

Cup In bits
By the sounds of it that's because you tried to fit a 10mm spigoted spacer to a hub that has circa 15mm spigot.

Cup In bits
That's because its not possible, if you understand the term spigot then you would know what I mean. You need to grind down the hub spigots that are on the car in order to fit 10mm spigoted spacers to a Clio.

In lemans its like trying to fit a square peg in a round hole.

Italian 3.2 V6

must be due to ride Hight (& soft damping) as mine was very low. also all my arch liners are in, not sure if u have removed yours?

Alex - iv replied to your pm ;)

Ph1 172 (titanium)
That's because its not possible, if you understand the term spigot then you would know what I mean. You need to grind down the hub spigots that are on the car in order to fit 10mm spigoted spacers to a Clio.

In lemans its like trying to fit a square peg in a round hole.

The spigots on the hub were grinded down quite generously. Tried everything to get them to sit flat!
Had them on the lathe and you could see they were out.

Cup In bits
They obviously wasn't the right diameter or something, its impossible to machine something of that size on a lathe to have a shape like a popadom due to the way its done. The ones they are currently selling are of good quality anyway that have been CNC'd and embossed with branding and width on them (typical German quality as I said)