ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Best Motoring - Clio 200 vs Cooper S vs CTR vs Colt Ralliart vs Abarth SS

Nissan 350z
Thats awesome! Why dont our motoring shows do actual races like this instead of just fastest lap comparisons? Either way credit to whatever Japanese show organised that :)

Last edited:
  Turbos.
The show is called Best Motoring, as in the title ;) Its a very famous, bit of a cult thing over here! I have all the DVDs :D

They use pro drivers, so the racing is always epic. They've had a few incidents over the years, but i'm surprised there aren't more!

TrackCar & F30 330d
Love the best motoring videos.

They allways test drive the s*it out of the cars. Doesnt matter if it a lttle clio or a Lambo. All or nothing in their races :)

Golf GTD Mk7
the CTR handling is defo not as precise as the 200. Straightline speed I was supprised at how well the colt faired. Poor little fiat struggling at the back, but in fairness, it was underpowered over the others. Good vid, although their accents were confusing me ;)

Ibiza SC
Loved that, just a pure race, rather than our crappy top gear style 1on1 fixed races and drags etc! I guess the closest we've had to that is the 5th gear time attack or top gears BTCC bus races.
Meh, gonna watch more of these!

Clio 172
To be fair the Clio did have the best and most experienced driver but good find I used to watch these through my Honda days.

Iceberg 172
So, all this video proves is, even balls out on a track driven by pro drivers, there's not a great deal of difference between any hot hatches!?

I mean, I love RenaultSports and I love Type R's, and there's always big debates over what's best but lets face it, they're all pretty similar... even the Colt was close enough!

It also shows that even an Abarth Fiat is s**t.

172 ph1
So, all this video proves is, even balls out on a track driven by pro drivers, there's not a great deal of difference between any hot hatches!?

I mean, I love RenaultSports and I love Type R's, and there's always big debates over what's best but lets face it, they're all pretty similar... even the Colt was close enough!

It also shows that even an Abarth Fiat is s**t.
Essentially, yes.

But I think these were close rivals. The MS3 was a smidge faster and the Golf GTI was about the same as these cars. Twingo 133 was slower than the Abarth SS

rctempire

ClioSport Moderator
Now, ive been in the new 500 SS and for the size of the car its rapid, with an auto gearbox too. It seems alot faster off the mark than the clio 172 and 182. Ive never been in a 200 so cant say.But i really enjoyed it poise and the way it handled some short corners too.

I do like the race they do, seems a tad better than TG.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
wonder what they thought of the s**te euro CTR

Not much. It's had a bad reception in Japan, as you'd expect.

There's another video of it with English dubbing and they're tearing into it's lack of ability.

FYI, they do actually sell the European Type R in Japan, it's not just there for comparison.

They've done it a few times with the Accord and Civics before.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
You can see in the vid that the guy driving the honda is having to be uber careful not to understeer off into Godzilla, somewhere off the coast of Japan.