ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Best Headphones for £100

2.2 bar shed.
262005_10150673689795405_509225404_19231927_4667065_n.jpg

Is what I use. The cables are s**t and the build isnt that good but they sound decent and have held up pretty well for the past 10 months considering the abuse they've been given. Sound quality is nice, even if they are a bit bass heavy. Being closed backs they're brilliant for quiet music in loud environments, most of the time they're used out and about DJ'ing which I find them faultless for as well.

Second hand they come up for around £100?

The one thing monster pride themselves on and mines have just went. The headphone connection point in the headphone itself has went no longer clicks into position and the sound keeps dropping out. Very disappointed. To pc world I go.

Ps these were the beats pros, the expensive ones.

A.N. Other
I use Sennheiser HD 25-SP II - excellent all round, a smidge on the bassy side but very revealing/rewarding sound & closed backed. Quite a few DJs used them & their bigger brothers.
For an audiophile sound, i'd go for Grados, but they're semi-open backed.

VaVa
Sr80's. Sound is fantastic. Only down side is comfort imho. They're not a set of headphoines you want to wear for a long time imho.

Dynamique S TCE
Ive just had a quick skim through this thread but I am unable to make a decision for myself (At least I admitted it!)

Can someone please recommend me some headphones? Budgetting for around £100, want good quality over ear headphones which don't make me look as much of a twonk as beats. I like to hear strong bass but not OTT!

Please can someone help me :eek:

Listerine & Poledo
They look terrible!

But they do sound very, very good. Those big ear-pillows mean you dont have to hear anyone or anything else around you.

Also, I've seen 2 people around the office crying about how their beats tosh broke after being dropped, these puppies have taken a beating and still come bcak for more, but then they're made of sterner stuff

Tesla MP3 2021
Just to pick up on this as I really do want a decent pair of on ear/over ear headphones and the cheap Sennheiser ones I got a few months back just dont cut the mustard.

My budget has now increased to a max of £300, after a bit of googling, the B&W P5's get outstanding reviews and come in at £249....

http://www.bowers-wilkins.co.uk/Headphones/Headphones/P5/Overview.html

http://store.apple.com/uk/product/TX584ZM/A/Bowers-and-Wilkins-P5-Mobile-Headphones?fnode=MTY1NDA0Ng&s=priceHL

T
houghts people??

I use a set of Sennheiser IE8's. They are (IEM's) earphones though, which you have said you do not want. They are awesome however.

I did listen to a set of those B&W's in John Lewis the other day, as my Dad is on the prowl for a new set. The B&W's were easily on par with my Sennheiser's. A touch less bass, but slightly clearer highs and mids.

I would buy them if my Sennheiser's broke. And the look/feel of them is awesome.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
I have some headphones I'm thinking of buying, not very well known but amazingly cool IMO.

I'd love to post them but I don't want you all to copy my awesomeness.

I'd love someone who's an absolute headphone pro to have a look for me though.... PM me :)

Short Norman

ClioSport Club Member
  997 C4S
my son has got some funky green urban ears. Look nice sound good and are comfortable all for only 50 notes....

2.2 bar shed.
Just to pick up on this as I really do want a decent pair of on ear/over ear headphones and the cheap Sennheiser ones I got a few months back just dont cut the mustard.

My budget has now increased to a max of £300, after a bit of googling, the B&W P5's get outstanding reviews and come in at £249....

http://www.bowers-wilkins.co.uk/Headphones/Headphones/P5/Overview.html

http://store.apple.com/uk/product/TX584ZM/A/Bowers-and-Wilkins-P5-Mobile-Headphones?fnode=MTY1NDA0Ng&s=priceHL

T
houghts people??

They going to be taken out of the house much? Go grado tbh.

Tesla MP3 2021
Had a look at the P5's and they are amazing, sound quality is awesome and they look and feel great.

Think I have made my mind up!

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
What's your reasoning for only wanting over ear? With the budget you're now saying you have, there's only one way I'd go:

Ultimate Ears TripleFi 10's + reshelled into custom moulded shells will put you at around £300 and will sound unbelievably awesome and fit perfectly.

Tesla MP3 2021
I just dont like in ear phones, I never have really though I must admit I have never really used anything like the ones above or similar before.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
I just dont like in ear phones, I never have really though I must admit I have never really used anything like the ones above or similar before.

I think you'd be amazed. With the reshell they properly seal the canal and they're extremely comfortable because they're moulded to each ear.

Not good for walking the streets in because you won't hear anything other than the music, but then I wouldn't be seen in public wearing over ear headphones because they make you look "special".

Tesla MP3 2021
Yeah that's the thing, I have never tired a decent set of in ear ones so my experiences are just based on the standard ones like the ones you get with an iPhone etc.

I wont really be using them on the move just for at home and when I am away etc.

Tesla MP3 2021
I went for the B&W's in the end and OMG they are amazing!

The quality of these things are superb and they are so comfy, I think I made the right choice :)

7781928f.jpg

DB.

BMW 440i
May seem like a silly Q, you know how beats cover your ear completely, these look like they don't.

How do they feel on? How secure do they feel if that makes sense?

Tesla MP3 2021
Yes these are on ear headphones compared to Beats which are over ear.

They feel great, really comfy and are very secure.

DB.

BMW 440i
Cheers pal, was a noob question but was just curious! I just play mine out loud at home, may invest next summer going back to uni/travelling.

They look awesome, so smart.

Tesla MP3 2021
No worries :)

Yeah they really are stunning, the quality of the finish alone makes them worth the £££, but the sound is amazing aswell.