ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Best Headphones for £100

Tesla MP3 2021
As title really, what is the best set of over/on ear cans I can get for £100 (dont really want to spend more if I can help it).

Mainly for listening to music, movies on the go etc.

Cheers

Tesla MP3 2021
Just won some Monster Beats by Dr Dre Solo HD's for less than £100 on eBay, brand new in a sealed box.

They will do :)

Tesla MP3 2021
Yeah seems at the Beats Solo HD's are around £170 I am pleased to get them for what I did!

Yeah seems at the Beats Solo HD's are around £170 I am pleased to get them for what I did!

Are you sure they aren't fake mate. Have a quick search on google, ALOT of fakes going about, trying to entice people with a bargain for the new big brand. When I was looking for my beats pros there were alot of legit looking websites, most linked by google, selling fakes for 100 quid off etc etc. Beats have a list of the only legit online stores on their site. I went with pc world.

Tesla MP3 2021
Are you sure they aren't fake mate. Have a quick search on google, ALOT of fakes going about, trying to entice people with a bargain for the new big brand. When I was looking for my beats pros there were alot of legit looking websites, most linked by google, selling fakes for 100 quid off etc etc. Beats have a list of the only legit online stores on their site. I went with pc world.

Well they are off eBay so if they are fake then they will be going straight back under the buyers protect policy. The seller has high feedback and the photo's he used looked genuine, still in the cellophane wrapper etc.

What makes them fake?

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
for the amount you pay for real beats headphones there not realy that great. yeh the sound quality is good, they are comfortable etc. but you can get the same quality for alot less money. look around, especialy look at DJ headphones. ant test some out before you buy.

id be inclined to send the beats you have got from ebay back and go out and test a few.

Tesla MP3 2021
Beats are utter s**te.

Entirely your opinion, plenty of people buy them and rate them highly.

I will wait for the ones I have ordered to turn up and take it from there, though I have a feeling that they are going to be fake!!!

If that is the case then Im back to my original question really as I don’t want to spend the £160+ on the real deal.

DB.

BMW 440i
Beats look really good, one of the better looking headphones on the market.

Sound leakage is supposed to be quite bad, and all the cool kids just where them around their neck which gets annoying!

Not a 320d
Vastly overpriced

Its not just the branding, its the fact that they are pretty poor all round, they even look ridiculous.

Bad, or basically non existant lows, uber amounts of bass, and mids and highs which arent that great.

I dont think that much to grados either. Their audio signature doesnt suit me but then were all different, Have tried some HF2's and the GS1000.

AKG K701's are good if you dont want massive amounts of bass and a good set of well balanced cans, and Those made by beyerdynamic are also pretty good. DT770's and the 880's are both fantastic, 880s are one of my favorite cans.

Sennheisers are okay, I would reccomend them over beats.

Adam, I know everyone likes different things, but they suck big time generally. I suppose theyre good for a bass head or someone that doesnt really listen to music.

Tesla MP3 2021
I have a feeling they are going to be fake anyway so will be going back!!

So come on then, whats the best I can get for £100, which Sennheisers's etc???

Cheers

Tesla MP3 2021
I emailed the seller from the item just to pre-empt him that I have been made aware that a lot of fake units are sold through eBay and that I would be thoroughly inspecting the item once received. I also asked him did he believe they were genuine which he replied yes......! cant see it myself to be honest![FONT=&quot][/FONT]

Tesla MP3 2021
Yep, as I expected, more fake than Jordans tits!!!

Just waiting for the refund procedure to go through. The seller has been very responsive with regards to my suspicions, lets hope he processes the refund with little fuss. The unfortunate thing is, he knows they are fake and he will continue to sell these on eBay.

So, come on I need to make a "real" purchase, what to get???

Tesla MP3 2021
  2.2 bar shed.
SRSLY. Buy Grado. They are incredibly musical and open. Not very private though, being an open back.

This.

Beats boil my piss, saw some guy on the plane wearing a set the other day and he looked like a massive c**t. You can say that Senn/Bose/Pioneer sell on brand, but nothing to the scale of the s**t Monster put out.

Not a 320d
Adam, what music do you listen to?

An open set of cans will have big sound stage, but lack bass, closed cans will provide the opposite. Closed will have good isolation, and open will not.

Tesla MP3 2021
Mainly listen to Rock, Indie etc but a wide range tbh.

This is turning into headphone wars lol, you all make valid points.

What closed backs would compete with the Grado's.

The open sound of the Grado will win you over. They have amazing punch too. I use mine a lot for PC shooters, and the bullets thump home with awesome power. They are great for music. Just don't expect 20hz LFE and you will love them.

Not a 320d
In that price range, I dont know. Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro's and the 880's are two of my favorite closed.

If its for home use go for open cans. Just make sure theyre 32ohm like the Grado SR80i so you dont need an amp.

You might find the Grados have very little bass to begin with. I have a set of AKG k701's, and I thought they were pretty poor to begin with, but now ive owned them for 6 months and Im used to the lack of bass. Doesnt bother me any more.

If you listen to rap and drum and bass or whatever s**t they play these days then open cans are definately not for you.

What closed backs would compete with the Grado's.

I need closed backs for work and bought Shure SRH440's wear them around 8 hours a day. great sound amazing isolation from noise, comfy ,very well built and can even fold away making them easy to travel with.

4210315129_6d42d288bc_z.jpg

Agree with Toby about the bass, but you will warm to it. I've had my SR80 for donkeys years and I have no intention of ever getting rid. They follow me around the globe, and I use them for music, movies and games in equal measure. They are a delight. They look s**t though.

Tesla MP3 2021
lol, I kind of like the retro look, im not one for wearing then round my neck as some sort of cheap plastic fashion accessory anyway so I wont be too fussed on the looks!