ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Best fast road/track cams

bmw 530 sport
I'm after opinions on the best track/fast road cams for my track car
With throttle bodies
Yellow injectors
182 mannafold with decat pipe
And cold air fern induction kit
Was thinking catcams 428 or 421 but unsure
Thanks gary

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
421s or piper 285s

Yellow injectors are massive, with a totally unsuitable spray pattern, making them hard to map, and giving you poor economy. Standard injectors will be fine for your spec

bmw 530 sport
Sideways Danny
It a track /race car so economy dosnt matter
I know they may be hard to map but will they give it performance ??
How do u know about them?
Have u used them
Cheers gary

340i
Sideways Danny

Have u used them
Cheers gary

No and No.

Standard injectors are ok to just over 200bhp. Anything further than that you can fit Megane 225 / r26 injectors.

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
No they won't give you anything. Probably make it run worse in fact. They used to be in the early turbo kits, but they're designed to be used on motorbike throttle bodies mounted externally. The spray pattern is what's known as pencil jet.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Sideways Danny
Have u used them
Cheers gary

What throttle bodies do you have?
If you havent got them yet, I assume you are aware they require an aftermarket ECU as well?
If you have them, what ECU are you on?

Your engine requires the CORRECT amount of fuel, not any more or any less.
So any more fuel than to give about an AFR of 12.7/12.8 will make you LESS power than the right amount of fuel will.

The standard injectors are more than capable of providing sufficient fuelling upto around the 205-210bhp or so mark (depending on who's rollers you are on etc) and its unlikely on a standard engine with just a set of cams and bodies that you are going to exceed that requirement.

bmw 530 sport
Hi mate
The throttle bodies I'm buying are honda ones off a saxo vts
Standard managment getting remaped and set up by
Sanspeed kent
The injectors I was gonna try them as a friend found them very good on his 206 and was gonna try them

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Hi mate
The throttle bodies I'm buying are honda ones off a saxo vts
Standard managment getting remaped and set up by
Sanspeed kent
The injectors I was gonna try them as a friend found them very good on his 206 and was gonna try them

The fuelling algorythm in the ECU is one of speed vs density, ie it takes a map pressure signal and uses this as a look up.

To get this to work on throttle bodies is a major ball ache and if Sanspeed can do it at all (which im not personally convinced they would know enough about this specific and very awkward ECU for which definition files are NOT readily available) its going to cost you a LOT of money in mapping time, and also it will never drive especially well on a transient throttle (although for track use that isnt really an issue)

I would try and have a detailed chat to them about if they have ever run a 172/182 clio specifically on throttle bodies, and how they intend to deal with the issue of the fuelling algorythm not being a TPS based one to make sure you really have a solution to the mapping side of things BEFORE you get too far in mechanically.

IF they can do it, rescaling the ecu for different injectors will be yet more expensive time gone, and is totally pointless for you as your spec will NOT exceed the flow of the standard injectors.

Personally I would just sack the idea off totally of running on standard management before you waste all your money trying and instead just buy an aftermarket ECU that will to be frank sanspeed will get a better result from in a couple of hours than you will ever achieve on the standard ecu as it is so fundamentally unsuitable for the task at hand!

A brand new microsquirt is only 300 quid for example and it is SO much better for what you are doing than the standard one is!

Dont get me wrong it *IS* possible (RSTuning did it for Russ16v) but its a LOT of work and the results will never match what a 300 quid aftermarket ecu can easily achieve!

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Chipmk1
Inbox me your number pls

Im not available to talk during the day, as I am working at a client site.

But will PM you my number if you wish for me to talk you through the issues in more detail than is really possible on a forum.

Just to make things clear though, I no longer do any sort of mapping etc for payment though, my post was to help you not to advertise any services as I dont offer any nowadays as Im too busy with manufacturer based programming work so its now purely a hobby for me working on modified cars and I dont have enough free time to sort my own projects out at the moment, lol.