ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Best Clio in 20 years?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DMS

A thirsty 172
I thought the colour was vile.
The 200 has grown on me a bit and whereas before I didn't like its looks, I now do. The 197 is still better looking though.

Clio 200 RS + SRB
Let them stay in their old cars and moan about the nose dude.

Yeah i agree totally, Ive seen too many of these arguments break out over the nose and the plastic exhausts. They bodykits look good on both the 197 and the 200......i just prefer the 200.

The colours can be touch and go. When i saw the alien green on film i loved it.....in the showroom its awful. Then the guy pulled the car into the sunlight and wow it looked gorgeous. So i took it.....

Not too sure about the yellow.....would have to see it in the flesh to decide on it.

PS 200
Agree its a great car, but i'm sorry, visually, its far inferior to the 197.
Couldn't disagree more.

The 197 looks dull compared to the 200.

renault-clio-197cup-renaultsport-0.jpg

2010-renault-clio-rs-20th-1_460x0w.jpg

Mustang, S13, AX GT
Yeah he was a bit dull, and it was a sh*t video because of it lol. There was no sense of speed or fun when he drove any of the cars...

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
I also made the mistake of watching the Audi R8 Spyder video, that guy was just as bad - didn't even crack a smile when he ragged the V10 through a tunnel :(

Clio 200 Black and White
Great cars.

Clio 172 Cup should've been in there too.

Video was epic in it's dullness.

Where's the three wheeling from the Trophy?

Where's the wild oversteer from the Williams?

Where are the spins in the V6 :)

Where are the beautiful slides in the 200?

Lots of Alfas
I doubt it would have influenced the outcome(?).. but its a shame the 172mk1 is always overlooked in these kind of things. The reviewer does not seem like an experienced car reviewer.

AG 200
Be nice if they got the car correct, it was a 200 with cup chassis (FF) not a 200 cup.
Makes it a little sweeter as that just happens to be my spec ;)

Testing great handling cars on a huge straight airfield is a stupid idea.

What a dull video.

Williams 0-60 in about 7.8 seconds he says. Sound like he has done some intense research on that. Whats the top speed then, about 140 ish give or take a bit?

Is he just driving them in a straight line?

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
Don't agree with the vid, the 200 is right at the bottom after williams, 172 cups, ph1 and 2 vee's the 197...

I thought that was quite a good watch. Don't ever read too much into these things. They're fun but always designed with their own ends in mind.

Classic example was the FRS 'rinsing' the Meg 250 on a mountain road, and then the Clio 200 keeping up with the FRS on a twisty track. Blah blah. Tune one then rinse the other etc. etc.

The only thing that matters is how you enjoy your own car. Comparisons are often largely based on opinion, and we all have one of those.

None
changed the shape of the new clio too much in my opinion..........i'm sticking with the older shape..........strange as the new megane is ten times better looking than the old one :)

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
Im looking forward to picking up another 200 in 3 weeks-

I have a LY 200 coming in -- After having the glacier white for only a week the front end really grows on you-

S

Clio 1970000000
Good vid. I liked it that the presenter (boring as he was) said that the hot clios were not about power yet they still defined generation after generation of hot hatch.

Can't believe I'm writing this but the front end of the 200 is growing on me. Hopefully I will see a few in the flesh on Sunday and that will put me off them :rasp:

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
I agree - rubbish presenter, but I did like the 200's nose. Didn't like the colour of the car, if I'm honest, but the nose did look nice.

Williams and the V6 were win though.

Renault Clio 182
I think the 200 looks really nice. A bit more bold in styling without over doing it!!

Agreed on the presenter. Did anyone see the Porsche and the Aston video? Just as bad.

Testing cars would be my dream job, you'd think they would have a little more enthusiasm about what they do!

A red missile
Well owning one of the 4 you'd expect me to be biased in that direction and to an extent I am, but i'd kill for an acid yellow V6, the look of the thing, the speed and the noise would have me grinning like a 10 year old all the time.

The Trophy will do, after 5 years I'm still not even remotely bored with it, and thats unusual for me, good vid though, even if the presenter had all the charisma of a well worn housebrick. The overall conclusion was b****cks IMNSHO, but be honest, Clio's might not be the best made cars but how many other manufacturers could showcase a line of hot hatches that good?

Status
Not open for further replies.